Register Now
Kane99

Do you think Sega will do a Saturn Classic?

I found this article from Dual shockers here: https://www.dualshockers.com/sega-saturn-mini-console/

discussing why they think Sega's next classic console should be a Sega Saturn classic. I think that would be a great idea. The main reason for me, is that there is a lot of great games on the Sega Saturn that were overlooked because of the low sales of the Saturn. I am aware that the Saturn was more popular in Japan, but in the US it didn't do so well. Which is why I think it would be awesome for them to do a classic console for the Saturn. 

And while we're at it, one for the dreamcast would be cool too. 

On 11/17/2022 at 10:53 PM, Grungie said:

It would be pretty cool, especially since the Saturn is considered a “boutique” console with a lot of the  east games locked as Saturn exclusives, and really expensive on the second hand market.

That's a good point, because now they can also put in a mix of Japanese only games that released on the Saturn. That's another thing I like about these consoles, because it allows me to play some of these highly rare and expensive games. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's a good point, because now they can also put in a mix of Japanese only games that released on the Saturn. That's another thing I like about these consoles, because it allows me to play some of these highly rare and expensive games. 

Yeah, Panzer Dragoon Saga is one of my favs, but I don’t recommend anyone to buy a Saturn and then drop $1000 for it.

It’s the one console where I own mostly imports, and modded it for burned CD’s. Not like Sega was gonna lose money on games they never re-released.

I would love to have Grandia but the Saturn version never was released outside of Japan so I doubt they’d choose it. As for other games, I would want the Panzer Dragoon Trilogy, Nights into Dreams, Sonic Jam, Resident Evil, and Tomb Raider.

43 minutes ago, Empire said:

I would love to have Grandia but the Saturn version never was released outside of Japan so I doubt they’d choose it. As for other games, I would want the Panzer Dragoon Trilogy, Nights into Dreams, Sonic Jam, Resident Evil, and Tomb Raider.

I own Grandia on the Saturn, but the frame rate is worse than the PS1 version.

As much as I would love to see a Saturn Classic I don't know if we will be seeing one any time soon. I'm not saying that we will never see one or there would never be a possibility of them ever announcing one as there is always that possibility but with there being nothing as of yet and no rumors, usually that indicates there is nothing in the plans at the moment. Hopefully one day we will see one.