Register Now
The Blackangel

Did a remake spoil you from the original?

I’m sitting here in my truck waiting on @Rain Dew to run some errands, and I’m listening to YouTube and playing FF8 on my Switch. And a thought occurred to me. The remake I’m playing on Switch has me spoiled to a point that I can’t even imagine playing it on PlayStation anymore. The reason is because I’ve gotten used to the 3X speed of the game. Whereas when I play it with that turned off, the game IS SO DAMN SLOW. So this remake has spoiled the hell out of me. I never thought it was slow before, but I sure as hell do now.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I’m sitting here in my truck waiting on @Rain Dew to run some errands, and I’m listening to YouTube and playing FF8 on my Switch. And a thought occurred to me. The remake I’m playing on Switch has me spoiled to a point that I can’t even imagine playing it on PlayStation anymore. The reason is because I’ve gotten used to the 3X speed of the game. Whereas when I play it with that turned off, the game IS SO DAMN SLOW. So this remake has spoiled the hell out of me. I never thought it was slow before, but I sure as hell do now.

So not so much a remake, but I will say retro game emulation, on the switch and everything else. When I played Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Switch with my nephew a few years back. With emulation he was able to rewind the game and keep attempting a spot he was unable to get past. We definitely didn't have that option in the original game. If I failed at a certain part enough, I'd have to start over. And emulation I believe allows us to increase the speed of the games, so that's another option available that we didn't have before. 

I can still play OG Final Fantasy on the NES, but the PS1 version is significantly better. Half the game isn’t broken, and all of the spells work.

The SNES remake of Megami Tensei is better than the NES version. Outside of better graphics, it has battery saves instead of using passwords.