Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you usually try to maintain a good alignment, even if it means missing content or opportunities?

I usually try to play the good guy and keep my honor for example high. Like in RDR2. I tried to play the game recently as a bad Arthur, but I soon started to care about his character again and I couldn't take him down the path of dishonor, so I started to do good things to bring my honor up again so I can get the best ending. 

Otherwise I tend to go the good guy route. Even when I try to do an evil playthrough, I find myself changing my mind and becoming good. Idk, maybe it's the redemption arc, maybe that's why I did it with RDR2. 

alignment seems to serve no purpose aside from limiting roleplay, And the big problem here is that a lot of "Lawful" choices don't work, RP-wise, for Paladins, because Paladins follow a specific code for their god, which doesn't match just following "the law of the land" and may conflict with it.

For a lot of PCs this doesn't matter because their alignment doesn't matter, but for classes where it does, like Paladin, this is a big problem.

I guess unless I am playing say a bad guy in a game I will always try to be the good guy, doing everything I possibly can to keep that god guy status unless within the game something happens that means I have to make a decision that would mean I'd end up the bad guy. I always feel that if you start out playing say the bad guy you'll end up missing out on so many perks as the games way of penalizing you for being bad. If I really want to see the outcome for being the bad guy throughout, I will do another play through and start out as the bad guy just for fun after completing as the good guy.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:02 PM, killamch89 said:

Alignment is totally dependent on the way I'm trying to play the game. I wish there were more games which could make you the bad guy - it feels like most choose the path for you. Even the ones that claim to have 'freedom of choice".

I prefer been able to choose bad or good and your character isn't preprogrammed but you determine their actions by your gameplay.

There aren't many video games like this and the ones we have you are either made to be the bad or good guy .