Register Now
Techno

Theif series

I've only played the newest Thief game, but I hear the original games are better. I think there's more than one, but I am not sure. I remember getting Thief on the 360 right around the time before I got an Xbone, so I kinda remember because of that. I enjoyed it for a while, but it became too repetitive. 

I think you really gotta go back and play Thief 1-3 to understand why thief (2014) is so hated. It’s a passible stealth game (with stealth mechanics better than dishonored I’d say) at times and there is fun to be had. But the characters, depth of gameplay, lore, worldbuilding, gameplay mechanics, art direction, technical prowess, level design, story etc. are vastly better in the OG trilogy. 

I played the first two (Well, I think the first two) Thief games back in the day. They felt very advanced for thier day with how they looked and in particular the enemy AI. It's possible that they haven't aged all that well, but I haven't played them for some time. I haven't played the 2014 game, so I can't comment, but I remember not exactly impressing critics nor gamers much at the time.