Register Now
Kane99

EA Sports College Football Delayed To 2024

Ah man, I was really looking forward to this. I used to play the EA college football games back when they released them, but they haven't released a new game in the series since 2014, but they're back with a deal from 2023 to 2027 I think. But they had to push it back to delay the new College Football game. But knowing EA, we're probably going to end up seeing much like Madden in controls, which means very minimal innovation in the genre of football games. 

I wish the people behind NFL 2K5 made these college football games, at least then we'd have something good to look forward to for football games lol. 

Read more about this delay here - https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/ea-sports-college-football-delayed-to-2024

Do you think it'll help in the long run? 

I would develop an opinion on this, but I'm paralyzed by not caring very much.

Seriously though, this is actually interesting in that EA are full of shit.

image_2022-11-22_194910867.thumb.png.538839862fe74a8bcaade5fa4ead9e06.png

Clearly, this delay has nothing to do with trying to "meet or exceed our player expectations" or any form of quality control (You only need to look at Madden to know they couldn't care less about that), it's because collage athletes have them over a barrel when it come to licensing and I think that's fucking hilarious.

Edited by Shagger

3 hours ago, Shagger said:

I would develop an opinion on this, but I'm paralyzed by caring very much.

Seriously though, this is actually interesting in that EA are full of shit.

image_2022-11-22_194910867.thumb.png.538839862fe74a8bcaade5fa4ead9e06.png

Clearly, this delay has nothing to do with trying to "meet or exceed our player expectations" or any form of quality control (You only need to look at Madden to they couldn't care less about that), it's because collage athletes have them over a barrel when it come to licensing and I think that's fucking hilarious.

Yeah I don't trust most of what EA is about. Madden has been a shell of what it used to be. It used to be an actual fun and competitive sports game, but it's a paint by numbers version of what it once was. The yearly releases have ruined it and took innovation right out the door. 

So EA would have to get the legal rights to add every player they want. I'm willing to bet they don't even get every player who wants in, and instead just makes up players and names. I'm pretty sure they did the same with older NCAA games, but I may be wrong. 

But yeah, licensing with college sports has gotten big since players can capitalize on licensing deals now. But if EA can't get through that, they'll just make up players to put into the game. 

27 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I don't trust most of what EA is about. Madden has been a shell of what it used to be. It used to be an actual fun and competitive sports game, but it's a paint by numbers version of what it once was. The yearly releases have ruined it and took innovation right out the door. 

So EA would have to get the legal rights to add every player they want. I'm willing to bet they don't even get every player who wants in, and instead just makes up players and names. I'm pretty sure they did the same with older NCAA games, but I may be wrong. 

But yeah, licensing with college sports has gotten big since players can capitalize on licensing deals now. But if EA can't get through that, they'll just make up players to put into the game. 

Honestly, I don't know why they wouldn't just make up player names for EA Sports Collage football if they can't get every name and likeness licensed. I mean, who is going to check to see if "John Smith" really plays for the Cincinnati Bearcats?

22 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Honestly, I don't know why they wouldn't just make up player names for EA Sports Collage football if they can't get every name and likeness licensed. I mean, who is going to check to see if "John Smith" really plays for the Cincinnati Bearcats?

Exactly, there's no point in adding everyone to the mix when not everyone will agree to it in the first place. I can see some players asking not to be added in, or requesting money to be added in, which I doubt EA would do either. I'm pretty sure they did it for past college football games they did, so it is odd to me. 

The fact that Madden 23 didn't get an update until Week 10, is still plagued by the draft revert bug, the disaster that is NHL 23, and now this announcement tells us all we need to know about the sports division or whatever it is at EA.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

The fact that Madden 23 didn't get an update until Week 10, is still plagued by the draft revert bug, the disaster that is NHL 23, and now this announcement tells us all we need to know about the sports division or whatever it is at EA.

Which is why I wish they would go the route of making Madden into a game that is constantly updated. With their ultimate team, I'm not surprised they don't make the game free to play to capitalize on that. Would I think solve so much with Madden, because then you can focus on continually improving the game to make it the best football experience you can. That's what a Madden game should become. But EA wants that cash and they gotta keep re-releasing the same game, that still has animations from back nearly 10 years ago. It's just become a lazy rehash each year. 

I want a good football game, but each new release is as underwhelming as the last.