Register Now
Kane99

RDR2 VR please!

I know I can't take advantage of VR myself, but I can dream about certain games getting the VR treatment. I think it would be awesome if they made RDR2 into a VR game, hell even the first game. 

I hear there is a mod for RDR2 that lets you play in VR, but that's probably not stable compared to one if Rockstar did it. 

With the PSVR 2 coming as well, the subject came back into my head. Do you think RDR2 could be made into VR for the PSVR console? Or is Rockstar not going to bother with that? 

It does, even if you get the right mods and whatnot

I feel that if this game was remade for a VR platform it would make history as the highlight of VR gaming as a whole, provided it was done well. I mean if it were to be possible and trust me there are countless reasons why it couldn’t, this would take close to 10 years to release. And that is the opinion of uneducated VR consumer. But I think that the release date would be way after GTA 6 has gotten old. But hey just a thought right?

It just proves it can be done too. Mods are nice, but I think an actual version for VR from Rockstar would be vastly better. But I suppose a mod is better than no VR. 

And yeah, with the inclusion of first person view, it would make perfect sense to include VR controls. And I think it would make deadeye more fun. 

I was never a fan of Red Dead Redemption and because of that I never played two but when you mention a VR version of the game that actually got me interested. I remember when I played the first game you had a lot of scenery that would look absolutely amazing in VR, and I know from what I read that RDR2 was even better in terms of scenery and graphics which means that in VR would have just been so much better. I would grab the game for VR if they ever did make one just because of the game and the scenery, that would be an amazing experience. 

On 11/23/2022 at 4:08 PM, Kane99 said:

It just proves it can be done too. Mods are nice, but I think an actual version for VR from Rockstar would be vastly better. But I suppose a mod is better than no VR. 

And yeah, with the inclusion of first person view, it would make perfect sense to include VR controls. And I think it would make deadeye more fun. 

The thing is that Rockstar isn't that invested in RDR at all so they'd probably take years to release it and they'd take forever to update it so just like the game itself, it'd slowly fall into disrepair.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The thing is that Rockstar isn't that invested in RDR at all so they'd probably take years to release it and they'd take forever to update it so just like the game itself, it'd slowly fall into disrepair.

I can see that being the result. But with there already being VR mods out there, I don't see it being that big of a burden for them to implement it. But I doubt Rockstar cares. They'll just let the people make their own VR mods. 

If they ever do VR for GTA, then there's no excuse to not do it for RDR2. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I can see that being the result. But with there already being VR mods out there, I don't see it being that big of a burden for them to implement it. But I doubt Rockstar cares. They'll just let the people make their own VR mods. 

If they ever do VR for GTA, then there's no excuse to not do it for RDR2. 

Correction - they'll let you do it provided you're not directly benefiting monetarily from making VR mods for their games.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Correction - they'll let you do it provided you're not directly benefiting monetarily from making VR mods for their games.

Well yeah, that's a given. As long as it's used on single player and you're not profiting you should be fine. But, there is always a risk they could ban you for using any kind of mods. 

3 hours ago, JoyFreak said:

Is VR still going? I barely hear much about VR games these days. I don't know how I'd feel about RDR2 in VR tbh. I would have to try it out first. Have they released it yet?

VR is going strong these days. There is a new PS VR coming soon. I also see a lot of content around VR on YouTube and other streaming sites. 

As for RDR2, there are VR mods, but no official release from Rockstar for their own.