Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Middle Earth and Lord of the Rings games

Let's start this off with some Caragor Riding...OK Enough. I am a huge fan of the movie series. I'm lost where to start in this series but started with jumping straight into Shadow of Mordor. This music helps me focus...Focus on your limbs and blood. You think you live in a land of kings and queens? You honor all absolute power? Then why the fuck do you fight Sauron? My beast...I love you. Caragor Riding....My beauty. Fight with me. 

I hated this game.  The stealth detection is a total joke, your way to overpowered, the main character has about as much personality as a block of cheese, the story is instantly forgettable and almost none of the iconic locations from the books or movies are included.

10 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I hated this game.  The stealth detection is a total joke, your way to overpowered, the main character has about as much personality as a block of cheese, the story is instantly forgettable and almost none of the iconic locations from the books or movies are included.

I agree; the main character, NPC's, story is all a bit cliche. But for me it's a change of pace with an enjoyable consolidated map, stealth opportunities, and video gamish graphics ironically is what I'm enjoying right now. It's a bit of a break from the intensity of other games. I'm enjoying the fighting and riding the Caragor. I've only completed half the storyline and it's just one of those fun quick plays. There's a lot I can criticize, like the block of cheese character.  I'm just waiting for every female NPC to just throw themselves on their knees for the main character as that's what is typical in this fantasyland of a hero protagonist. It's a strange refreshing corny change of pace. lol If that makes sense. But riding around the Caragor with the music playing just pumps me up and I ride around and kill everybody. I think some of the abilities are fun too. 

The thing I loved about this game is the nemesis system - it's honestly underrated. There are other aspects of the game that aren't that great but the nemesis system is so unique. I'd love to see that implemented in more games - it means that even if a weak character defeats you, they become a boss you have to face in order to regain your items. It creates sub-plots in a somewhat straightforward story.

46 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The thing I loved about this game is the nemesis system - it's honestly underrated. There are other aspects of the game that aren't that great but the nemesis system is so unique. I'd love to see that implemented in more games - it means that even if a weak character defeats you, they become a boss you have to face in order to regain your items. It creates sub-plots in a somewhat straightforward story.

That system is new to me in games. If I die, they level up and fight each other for power. And when I encounter them again, they remember me and taunt me. Kinda cool. 

35 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That system is new to me in games. If I die, they level up and fight each other for power. And when I encounter them again, they remember me and taunt me. Kinda cool. 

It's a unique system - only found in the Shadow Of Mordor series. It gives the game a more organic feel as others are also trying to gain power.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:13 AM, killamch89 said:

That's sounds really cool, but that would mean you would have to fight them twice first as a week character and then as a boss.

Well, since you already fought them before you would already have the advantage of knowing their moves.

But what if you get defeated by more than one weaker character so that means you have to fight each of them again.

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's sounds really cool, but that would mean you would have to fight them twice first as a week character and then as a boss.

Well, since you already fought them before you would already have the advantage of knowing their moves.

But what if you get defeated by more than one weaker character so that means you have to fight each of them again.

Yeah you would have to fight them again as many times as it takes and every time you lose not only do they level up, but all of the orcs level up. It's possible the lower level ones off each other too fighting for position. So every time you die, it gets harder and harder to defeat them all. 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah you would have to fight them again as many times as it takes and every time you lose not only do they level up, but all of the orcs level up. It's possible the lower level ones off each other too fighting for position. So every time you die, it gets harder and harder to defeat them all. 

That would be a really good challenge anytime you encounter a boss you had to pay extra focus to defeat them so you don't have to encounter a stronger version of them later on.