Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you focus 100% on gaming during gaming sessions, or are you sometimes doing other things?

During a gaming session, are you playing the entire time, or do you sometimes pause and do other things?

I usually pretty much have to pause in the game and play with my cats, as otherwise they make sure that I can’t focus on the game. =D I usually take a break to work on personal projects too, and then return to gaming.

I am a pain for starting a game and then part way through I will either pause if it's a single player game or I will go back to the lobby if it's a multiplayer game and my mind will wander and do other things say on my PC or around the house and then I will think to myself "I didn't play many games today" because I let my mind wonder. I am a pain for starting one thing around the house and then as I am doing one thing, I need another thing I feel needs doing and before I know it, I don't have the time to go back to the game I was playing. It's a vicious circle sometimes.

Depends a bit on the game. If it's something fast-paced that requires my full attention (for example, speed chess), then I will of course focus 100% on that - but if it's a slower-paced game (like a [i]Civlization[/i] game), then I might chat whilst playing that.

90% of the time I play MSFS2020, once you spend 40mins full attention and then you up in the sky for 4 hours flight there is nothing else to do but relaxe and watch YouTube while flying 😛 FPS games needs your full ull attention as you can't just stop to watch YouTube while bing killed

For most part I play video games when I got little or nothing to do or Maybe I feel a little stressed and need something to cool off with.

I would play with all my attention for the few minutes I would be on the game and then get back to whatever else I want to do.