Register Now
DC

Do you use your gaming PC only for gaming, or for other stuff too?

I use my PC for gaming, movies, tv, music, and work. I also used to use Canva a lot for work stuff, and that was used on my PC quite a bit, still kinda is. Other than that. I have a tablet/laptop combo I used to use, but accidently broke it and now I have to send it in for repair. That tablet combo I used exclusively for work, so now I'm back at my main PC for work related stuff until I get it fixed. 

I will be honest because my PC is starting to get a little older now, I play less games on it now and stick with my Nintendo Switch and my Xbox One X to play games. Prior to my PC starting to get older I used to play a lot more games on it than I did anything else but that has now changed, and I tend to do more working and web browsing than I do playing games now. I am hoping to one day upgrade my PC to a better one and when I do, gaming will definitely be at the front in terms of what I do on the PC. 

I use my laptop for everything from regular web browsing, streaming and gaming. I do a lot of gaming on my consoles, and not as much as I would like on the PC, but I like having the option if I see a game on Steam I wanna try. I use my PC for more than just gaming.

80% of the time it does get used for gaming 😉 But then again I do use it for other things. I also have and use a laptop on the same desk that I use more then my desktop. Why run my desktop just to use chrome 😜 and so Laptop gets used for simple day to day things and then heavy use I swap

My gaming PC is my computer for all things. Documents, surfing the web, gaming, music, and just about anything else that you can think of that would be done on a PC in an average day. I bought a new printer the other day, because the one I had quit actually printing. The scanner and copier still worked fine, but the printer completely quit. It also quit working wirelessly so I had to have it plugged into any available USB port to use it.

14 hours ago, CoryAR said:

I use it for browsing the web and posting on forums more than gaming, in fact. I have a decent bundle of games on my Steam account, but I'm just not a big gamer. I primarily play a handful of games over and over again.

A lot of people play just a handful of games over and over. I used to do it a lot with retro gaming. But lately haven't as much. 

I rarely play most of the games in my steam library. I have many that I haven't even played yet. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

A lot of people play just a handful of games over and over. I used to do it a lot with retro gaming. But lately haven't as much. 

I rarely play most of the games in my steam library. I have many that I haven't even played yet. 

I am exactly the same. I have games in my steam library that I haven't touched even though I got them as I had an interest in them. I have found that even though I can still play some games on my PC a lot of my time is spent browsing the web or posting on forums now. It isn't because I am not interested in gaming but more, because I have such a backlog of games I never know what to play. 

On 1/27/2023 at 10:27 AM, Kane99 said:

I'm guilty of being a digital game collector as I have a lot of games I've still not touched yet. 🤣. Every time I look at my Steam library and say today's the day where I'll play some of the other games, I just procrastinate until I play something else.

When my gaming laptop was actively working, I used it for web browsing more than gaming. Now that it's broken I have settled for a Google Chromebook for the time being. I'm not a huge gamer, but I sure do miss a few games on my Steam account, namely Call of Duty.

I use my gaming pc for everything I need to do on my computer. I honestly don't play too many triple A games, but it's nice having a gaming PC for the times there is a triple A title that catches my eye. I also use this computer to edit videos, I was using a three year old gaming laptop that would struggle when I edited my videos.