Register Now
Nebulous

Since when you were a kid?

I've move the topic to the music sub-forum.

On topic, my tastes have changed drastically. I was really into house and dance in my early-mid teens, but I got into metal in a big way in my late teens and haven't looked back. I still like a bit harcore house like acid house, but metal brings the same level on intensity but with better songscraft and more merit in terms of musicianship. I know it seems a little odd, but it honestly felt like natural progression to me.

Not really - I still dislike most Country music songs. I grew up listening to hip-hop/rap and I much rather listening to older songs, the newer ones lack a lot of substance - I can say the same for Pop and Rock. As a matter of fact, I've been listening to Alternative Rock a lot more. Still listen to Dancehall and Reggae a lot.

Not really. I grew up on 80's rock and still love it to this day. But I have gotten into other subgenres  of music. I love black metal and death metal. My all time favorite band is Disturbed, but I still have my Whitesnake, Ratt, Cinderella, Quiet Riot, Extreme, Steelheart, Saigon Kick, Stryper, and Poison albums. That's just to name a few.

Edited by The Blackangel

I'd say that in general my tastes stayed roughly the same for the most part since most music I listened to growing up was stuff my dad played, which was stuff in the rock/metal genres and I still enjoy that music and those genres today.

The only real change would be in music I found myself not being stuff I still listen to today, which for the most part is random pop music that kid me liked but teenage/adult me realizes is actually rather garbage or just isn't for me as my taste stopped trying to branch out and remained with the genres I've always enjoyed from as young as I can recall. I also don't listen to bands I listened to in the 2000's/2010's as much nowadays but I think that's just because my Spotify songs are significantly more varied and expansive compared to what music I listened to back in those times.