Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Have you ever been on a date quest in a game?

I recently played a quest in an open world where I went on a date and I had free roam to do as I wanted and go where I wanted with my companion. It kind of brought out the question, what would you do on a date if you had a pretty map to explore? I found myself doing interesting things. As this discussion progresses we can get into more detail how that date would go. This quest truly was freedom and was amazing. 

The only games I can think of where you date is the Sims games. I'm sure there are other games out there, that involves dating of some sort, but I don't usually play those games. 

There might be adult games out there that offer this though too. I know the past GTA games had dating options, but I don't think the newer one did from what I recall. 

The quest I went on was AC Valhalla and it’s one of those decisions you have to make that affects the game. I went on the date and it really was awesome because we travelled the map on horseback together, free roam, get off the horse and kill, bathe in blood and continue the date. There was a destination point to go to, but you had all the time in the world to do and go where you want. After drenching in blood, I took her to a field of flowers to show my soft side. Then we killed some more because it made her excited. We rode horses, speared the mesh, and continued on our journey. And as part of the quest, she requested I take her to some ruins and we shared scar stories. Not really, but it’s what I’d do. But an open map like that, what would you do? Cliff dive together? Makes me want to do that quest all over again. More games need it. 

When you mention dating in a video game the one game that springs to mind for me is The Sims. I can't say I have ever come across any other game that I have played or that I know of that has had a date within the story line of the game. It does sound interesting though especially where you could explore whilst on this date. I guess if I was to play a game that had this kind of scenario in it I would want to be able to choose say multi choice on what I would say or do during the date, I feel that would be quite interesting. 

I think the only game where I've done any dating was [i]The Sims 4[/i]. And my dates always seem to go either really well or really badly... it depends on whether or not I can get my Sims into a Flirty mood 😛

(I've also got married in Skyrim, but that didn't involve any 'dating' process, so I suppose that shouldn't count!)