Register Now
TheGamerToBeat

God Of War - Ragnarok

God of War Ragnarok Has a Side Quest That Is a Beautiful Tribute to a Developer Who Passed Away

God of War Ragnarok has a sidequest that is a beautiful tribute to Jake Snipes, a gameplay programmer at Santa Monica Studio that passed away in 2020.

The side quest in question is called Across The Realms and its significance was shared on Twitter by Sam Handrick  a senior gameplay programmer at Santa Monica Studio who was also Snipes' partner.

"There's something in God of War Ragnarok which is the most special to me," Handrick wrote. "I got to pitch it and the team made it into everything I could have hoped. I had hoped to wait for some time to talk about it but want to share it now, just in case. It's the Ballad of Jari and Somr."

Those traveling through God of War Ragnarok's world may have noticed the first signs of the side quest by the green hearts that are painted on rocks across the realms, and the origin of them and the quest began with an idea by Handrick and Snipes formed years ago.

The two would talk about how much they'd "love to leave some symbol of us in Ragnarok. Some indication within this game that had been the reason we'd first met, our first game made together. He once suggested simply a heart, with our initials in Norse runes, carved into this world we made."

Check out this link for one of the most amazing adventures of God Of War - Ragnarok !!!!!

Moderator Edit: This is was intended to be spam, I'm well aware. The very shady link the OP has discussed above has been removed. However, after moving the topic to "video games" I've decided to keep it open. This user, however, will have thier account flagged, so don't expect a response.

Edited by Shagger

First, a link to the story about Jake Snipes from a legitimate source.

https://www.ign.com/articles/god-of-war-ragnarok-has-a-side-quest-that-is-a-beautiful-tribute-to-a-developer-who-passed-away

It's nice that they did this. I have the game, but having difficulty finding the time to play it. I like what I've seen so far though.

Edited by Shagger

It absolutely spectacular and so thoughtful of the developers to include that part, atleast even if he didn't get to see the final release of the game but he has been immortalized and as long as people continue to play the side quests his legacy would not be forgetten.