Register Now
Kane99

Services to track the games you own/play

I know there are sites/services out there that let you track the games you own and play. Kinda like what Letterboxd does with movies, but instead one for games that allows you to track your collection, and show what you're currently playing. I know there's one that allows you to somewhat do this, and it's called Backloggd. I checked it out earlier today and I wasn't sure if it was something I'd use. I thought there was another video game tracking site out there that allowed you to list everything, including what you're playing, your ratings, reviews, etc. Any suggestions for others out there? 

Maybe I'm not quite underranding this and maybe things like Backloggd take it a step further. GOG Galexy pretty does this very thing, and it's free. It would be helpful if actually put up some links to some of these services and/or articles, reviews and other information about them.

32 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Maybe I'm not quite underranding this and maybe things like Backloggd take it a step further. GOG Galexy pretty does this very thing, and it's free. It would be helpful if actually put up some links to some of these services and/or articles, reviews and other information about them.

Essentially services where you can keep track of all of the games you own and play, along with being able to review the games you own on the same platform. Links can be found below for the ones I am aware of, or discussed in my previous post. 

Backloggd - https://www.backloggd.com/

Letterboxd - https://letterboxd.com/ (for movies only)

I thought there was others like Backloggd, but am not sure what ones are worth checking out. I'll check out GOG Galaxy though. I think Backloggd is free to use as well, all of them are for the most part. But I know you can pay for special features at Letterboxd. 

18 hours ago, Grungie said:

https://backloggery.com/

Idk if this fits your situation better.

YES!!!! Thank you. I knew there was another site. I must have confused it with this new backloggd site, because the name is very similar. But yeah I think I had an account on this years ago, but never used it. 

That's awesome. I know there is probably another I'm forgetting. But I think backloggery was the one most people used to track their games.

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

YES!!!! Thank you. I knew there was another site. I must have confused it with this new backloggd site, because the name is very similar. But yeah I think I had an account on this years ago, but never used it. 

That's awesome. I know there is probably another I'm forgetting. But I think backloggery was the one most people used to track their games.

Ngl, I thought you misspelled Backloggery, but then I clicked the link.

I honestly did not know there were sites like this where you could keep track of your games and such. This is actually amazing especially being that so many people have a backlog of games, and it can sometimes be so difficult to keep track of them which often leads to just not bothering, at least that is how I get. Definitely going to look more into this and see if I can start to get through some of my backlog which is a very long backlog!

I think that is kind of cool for collectibles as I’m a collector and require such things. But it’s not games I collect so it’s not something I would use. Gaming is far more interactive than other hobbies so something of this nature it would be cool to add your gaming photos and snapshots of your abilities, collectibles, trophies, gear, saved clips, hours played, stats, etc. 

I'll have to check these sites out. I remember I had an app on an old iPhone called "Dream Collection" It was to help me keep track of which Dreamcast games I owned, which were CIB, and which ones I still needed to purchase, unfortunately, the app was taken down from the app store and I can't seem to find one to replace it now.

I know there are other sites like this that are geared towards books (good reads I think it was) and I think there are a few movie sites like Letterboxd. I know IMDB has similar options to Letterboxd. 

I think I'll sign up for each of these game tracking sites and see which one has the best features. Figure it could be time I take down my collection anyway. 

I use excel. I also keep track of movies and tv shows and books I read, along with video games that I have beaten (or beaten enough of to consider closed out/gotten my moneys worth).

I also give myself goals for each month for how many of each of these I want to finish, plus my other hobbies. Its fun to do, and it keeps me busy with stuff i enjoy in my free time, rather than just sitting around rewatching stuff ive already seen too many times.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I use excel. I also keep track of movies and tv shows and books I read, along with video games that I have beaten (or beaten enough of to consider closed out/gotten my moneys worth).

I also give myself goals for each month for how many of each of these I want to finish, plus my other hobbies. Its fun to do, and it keeps me busy with stuff i enjoy in my free time, rather than just sitting around rewatching stuff ive already seen too many times.

That's actually a good idea. I'd prefer more of a system where I can search a game and say if i own it, am playing it etc. I suppose you could do the same with Excel. And, it's a good way to make a list of everything. 

I found I had that issue where I forget a movie I watched and end up re-watching it, so it's a big reason why I joined letterboxd. I'm going to check out backlogery to track the games I own. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's actually a good idea. I'd prefer more of a system where I can search a game and say if i own it, am playing it etc. I suppose you could do the same with Excel. And, it's a good way to make a list of everything. 

I found I had that issue where I forget a movie I watched and end up re-watching it, so it's a big reason why I joined letterboxd. I'm going to check out backlogery to track the games I own. 

I sometimes do forget the names of movies I have watched but I don't forget a video game I have played in the past that easily.

I like the idea of a program that could help you keep track of movies and video games or other media you've seen or played.