Register Now
Kane99

Logitech has their own Cloud gaming handheld - Logitech G Cloud

Logitech has jumped into the handheld fray by making their own Steam Deck competitor. Well kinda. It's more for cloud gaming, but is also usable as an android device, so you may be able to use it as an emulator or something. It's also pretty cheap right now, going for $299.99 on Amazon. So if this is something you see yourself buying, it's on sale now. 

Keep in mind though, this device is more geared towards streaming. 

Linus Tech Tips did a video on it comparing it to the Steam Deck. Check it out below: 

This is amazing and with cloud gaming becoming more and more popular it's definitely something you can jump on for that price and take advantage of cloud gaming. It woudl be amazing to see just what games they have to offer and I am definitely going to keep an eye out for more reviews as well just to see how good it is compared to as you say the Steam Deck. As much as I would love to see Xbox bring in a handheld console, it seems other places are doing it before them with the cloud, makes me wonder depending on what games they have to offer, will it ever be worth Xbox releasing one?

The only issue I have with cloud gaming so far is the streaming aspect. It's not all that great yet. Some people won't even be able to play this based on how well their internet is. 

I think once internet is more available to the world and at higher speeds, is when cloud gaming is going to really take off.

On 11/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, Kane99 said:

The only issue I have with cloud gaming so far is the streaming aspect. It's not all that great yet. Some people won't even be able to play this based on how well their internet is. 

I think once internet is more available to the world and at higher speeds, is when cloud gaming is going to really take off.

That's what I was thinking too - it's a very situational device because without good internet, it's useless.

Judging from the fact that they partnered with Tencent, I imagine that the product was pretty much envisioned from the start for the Chinese market where mobile and cloud gaming is very popular. The market for something like this in North America seems like it would be really small as most people already have consoles or PCs to game on.

On 1/5/2023 at 6:59 AM, Empire said:

Judging from the fact that they partnered with Tencent, I imagine that the product was pretty much envisioned from the start for the Chinese market where mobile and cloud gaming is very popular. The market for something like this in North America seems like it would be really small as most people already have consoles or PCs to game on.

In addition to Xbox Gamepass so it wouldn't really appeal to most people in the Western markets. I mean, I cracked up when I saw the price - there's no way I'm pay that much money for such a limited experience.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In addition to Xbox Gamepass so it wouldn't really appeal to most people in the Western markets. I mean, I cracked up when I saw the price - there's no way I'm pay that much money for such a limited experience.

Same, Unless it's cheaper down that raod. Then again people that willing or wanted it would go forward. not bad if you ahve the money

For a kick-off, I want to make it clear I understand that is not meant to run games nativity, it's meant to be used as a device one streams games too, but even as that it still fails. My biggest issue with this thing is the price. Yes, it's cheaper than a Steam Deck with higher quality screen (No kidding, it really is), but if you want a handheld streaming device for cloud gaming only, what exactly is the matter with buying something like this for a phone or tablet?

519smV3YgQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg.e8797f60c9f60b910e3a12a70590b1ff.jpg

Link to this product on Amazon

Yes, the G Cloud is cheaper than Steam Deck making it look like a good deal if you're only intending to game on the cloud, but it's six times more expensive than this perfectly decent controller for a phone, and I'm sorry but that just isn't worth it. The phone will serve perfectly well as a device to stream games too and because it's using a phone as the steaming device this mobile game controller will also have the advantage of working without WiFi because it's steaming to phone with a SIM card in it, something that the G Cloud can't do. Not to mention the G Cloud is still more expensive than a Switch.

If anyone reading this thinking about about buying one these things, can I please implore you not to do it. I actually like Logitech's products, for example I use a Logitech mouse that I would swear by, but this just doesn't need to exist, much less be a part of your life.

Edited by Shagger

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Have the money and constant access to high speed internet.

Yeah, as it would have to be om WIfi, and Wifi isn't the best regards cable. So it needs to have the fastest Wifi speeds that you can even get. GAming Router 😛

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

For a kick-off, I want to make it clear I understand that is not meant to run games nativity, it's meant to be used as a device one streams games too, but even as that it still fails. My biggest issue with this thing is the price. Yes, it's cheaper than a Steam Deck with higher quality screen (No kidding, it really is), but if you want a handheld streaming device for cloud gaming only, what exactly is the matter with buying something like this for a phone or tablet?

519smV3YgQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg.e8797f60c9f60b910e3a12a70590b1ff.jpg

Link to this product on Amazon

Yes, the G Cloud is cheaper than Steam Deck making it look like a good deal if you're only intending to game on the cloud, but it's six times more expensive than this perfectly decent controller for a phone, and I'm sorry but that just isn't worth it. The phone will also serve just well as a device to Stream Games too and this mobile game controller will also have the advantage of working without WiFi because it's steaming to phone with a SIM card in it, something that the G Cloud can't do. Not to mention the G Cloud is still more expensive than a Switch.

If anyone reading this thinking about about buying one these things, can I please implore you not you do it. I actually like Logitech's products, for example I use a Logitech mouse that I would swear by, but this just doesn't need to exist, much less be a part of your life.

That's something I eventually want to get myself. It's more practical and probably works with most phones. Logitech should've just made a controller attachment like this, probably would have sold good. 

On 1/23/2023 at 7:10 AM, Empire said:

Yeah, as it would have to be om WIfi, and Wifi isn't the best regards cable. So it needs to have the fastest Wifi speeds that you can even get. GAming Router 😛

It'd definitely be useless for gaming on a flight - well it depends on which airline that is. I mean, you can get Xbox Gamepass on your phone for way less.

On 3/14/2023 at 10:37 PM, killamch89 said:

It'd definitely be useless for gaming on a flight - well it depends on which airline that is. I mean, you can get Xbox Gamepass on your phone for way less.

Not all have that on a airline ;( No point just relaxe and watch the screen in front, that's comes down to what airlines you end up going

On 3/16/2023 at 7:31 AM, Empire said:

Not all have that on a airline ;( No point just relaxe and watch the screen in front, that's comes down to what airlines you end up going

That's the thing, with devices like Asus Rog Ally coming out that are priced competitively to this while offering WAY more, this device will never be able to compete.