Register Now
Smokey

PS1 titles you'd love to see 'remade' or 'brought back'?

Similar to my Xbox thread, which Playstation 1 titles from Sony's early days would you like to see remade, remastered or 'brought back' with a sequel?  For me? I got a small list:

• Tenchu
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Syphon Filter (A SF4 would be nice) 
  • Twisted Metal
  • Galerians

Which Playstation titles do you think deserve a proper reboot?

Tenchu series for sure. I think the last game in the series dropped in 2007 on the 360. Or from what I remember. 

I second syphon filter, mainly because I played the hell out of the first two games demos. Lol. 

Other than that, I'd like to see a new Einhander game. I really liked that game back in the day, but I think it was the only game in the series. 

I agree, and yeah Tenchu Z in 2007 was the last 'console' game.  I think there was a PSP game in 2009 though but after that, nothing.

I would also love a new Bushido Blade, a new, current gen version of Bushido Blade would be BRUTAL to see! 😄

On 12/1/2022 at 10:58 PM, Smokey said:

I agree, and yeah Tenchu Z in 2007 was the last 'console' game.  I think there was a PSP game in 2009 though but after that, nothing.

I would also love a new Bushido Blade, a new, current gen version of Bushido Blade would be BRUTAL to see! 😄

I didn't play a lot of indie games titles in the past but I remember this game from the PS 1 era.

My older siblings wouldn't let me play video games with them so all I did was just sit down and watch or get my hands busy on my game boy pocket version.

Legend of Legaia, it's my favorite RPG on the PS1. Sadly I don't think it will ever get a re-release or a remake as the parent company Contrail went bankrupt so no one really owns the rights to the game anymore... I know there's a fan remaking the game, and I hope he will eventually finish the project. Right now the only legal way of playing the original game is via on a PS1 or PS2 and the game isn't cheap. It doesn't emulate properly on the PS3 unfortunately... I think there may be a work around but it involves a emulator. (Which then there's only a few that can emulate the game properly...)