Register Now
Kane99

Witcher Remake Will Be Open World according to devs

Sourcey source - https://www.ign.com/articles/the-witcher-remake-will-be-open-world-cd-projekt-red-confirms?utm_source=twitter

It's being reported that CD Projekt Red are remaking The Witcher, but it will be open world this time. I have not had the chance to play the original game, nor did I play the second game, but I think this is a good move on their part, because it gives new fans (like myself) a chance to play the original game. Of course it won't be the same game, but I think that's okay as long as it keeps most of the game the same. 

But, I wonder if this is just going to be a whole new version of the original game. They might not even use the same code, and might just start from scratch. I could see them doing that. 

Do you think they'll remake the second one as well? I played maybe 10 minutes of the second one years back, and I figure that could do with an update. 

I myself have not either played The Witcher 1 or 2 if I am honest but knowing that there is another game coming out now will push me to play those two before the new one. It would seem that Open World seems a lot more popular now with games and with The Witcher being so popular as well it's a mixture that will work so well in my opinion. I myself love open world games and I feel once I have played the games I haven't yet, this will be one I will jump into out of curiosity.

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think this is cool to give a background to the lore of The Witcher series. There were some what'd I miss??? questions I had in the lore and characters in Witcher 3. I would like to see how Geralt became a Witcher. 

He's already a Witcher in the first game, and there's a billion books if you want more lore. The game's are standalone stories from the books though I think, but the world and groundwork is all the same. I've only read the first book (The Last Wish) which is like a collection of short stories of Geralt's adventures and I really recommend it!

1 minute ago, Tonberry said:

He's already a Witcher in the first game, and there's a billion books if you want more lore. The game's are standalone stories from the books though I think, but the world and groundwork is all the same. I've only read the first book (The Last Wish) which is like a collection of short stories of Geralt's adventures and I really recommend it!

I’ve actually been wanting to read the books. Thanks for the reminder! It’s Holiday season so I’m gonna treat myself to the book series. 

Hm that’s interesting, one of the reasons I loved the first game, and I suspect a reason why a lot of others liked it, was how focused it was. They did a great job creating a very specific vibe with Vizima that it’s still my favorite location in the series, it’ll be interesting to see how it functions in an open world game.