Register Now
Kane99

is it finally time for a new Switch?

The Switch has had issues playing bigger games, and I think in order for the Switch to stay fully relevant, would be to release a new, and upgraded model. It's been rumored to happen for a while now, but all we got so far was a bigger OLED version that didn't really do anything hardware wise to make the Switch better. 

I think it's becoming time for a Switch 2.0, do you agree? A Switch with better hardware, and maybe a bit of a redesign to help with ergonomics. Maybe deal with the Joycon drift while you're at it. 

At this point, I do feel it's inevitable that we'll get a new Switch with better hardware, I just don't know when or how long it'll be. Nintendo of course probably doesn't need to make a new switch yet, but going on 5 years now, it may be time to consider an upgrade. 

I agree, even myself when I am playing games such as Fortnite and even the new Just Dance game, you can tell how much the console is struggling with newer games, especially the more they update as well, and I feel the only way the Nintendo Switch is going to keep up is if Nintendo do release a newer more powerful and more upgraded Switch. I agree, it's been rumored for a while now and usually when we get a lot of rumors, there does seem to be some truth in them. Time will tell I guess but definitely for them to continue in the console world they will need to stay up with the newest games.

I'd be OK if the Switch stayed around a bit longer, but feel a new Switch would be ok too. I think a Switch 2 would be great, or perhaps calling it something else could work. I dunno how they could avoid a Wii to Wii U happening, though. 

I have heard this discussed among gamers as well. The Switch console isn't as good as they would have liked it to be. Maybe instead of creating a whole new system, Switch 2, they can do an adaptation to the original one so people don't have to shell out more money for another console. Would people be open to that? Why or why not would it work?

On 2/22/2023 at 11:32 AM, ZandraJoi said:

I have heard this discussed among gamers as well. The Switch console isn't as good as they would have liked it to be. Maybe instead of creating a whole new system, Switch 2, they can do an adaptation to the original one so people don't have to shell out more money for another console. Would people be open to that? Why or why not would it work?

I think that's the route they're going to take. Just a new Switch model with better hardware to get close to modern hardware. They probably won't be able to match the hardware of the Series X or PS5, but they could come close. 

I'm sure Nintendo is hard at work on their next console, but I hope it's just a re-imagining of the Switch. 

Not immediately, but I do think Nintendo will start to run into bigger problems if they don't release a new console by the end of 2024. It's crazy to think about, but the Switch will be 7 years old in 2024 and badly in need of a replacement. The recent batch of Switch 2 leaks/rumors, and Nintendo's efforts to silence them, make me feel like something's coming. I'm now expecting a reveal in summer/fall 2023 and a release by the end of summer 2024, but I won't complain if we get something sooner.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

On 3/9/2023 at 12:09 PM, HowHammerYou said:

Not immediately, but I do think Nintendo will start to run into bigger problems if they don't release a new console by the end of 2024. It's crazy to think about, but the Switch will be 7 years old in 2024 and badly in need of a replacement. The recent batch of Switch 2 leaks/rumors, and Nintendo's efforts to silence them, make me feel like something's coming. I'm now expecting a reveal in summer/fall 2023 and a release by the end of summer 2024, but I won't complain if we get something sooner.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

If anything it's already due for a new model. Most console generations last 5 years, and Switch was already a dated console at release, which is a think Nintendo is known for. But, they do fine because a handheld console doesn't need to have the best hardware around, but it sure would be nice. 

Anyway, I think we'll eventually hear some rumbling about a new switch soon. It's about due time that they announce a new console, and I hope they go nostalgic and call it the Super Switch. I would love Nintendo forever if they went that route. :D 

As we're quickly approaching 2024, it's well overdue for us to get a new Switch or at least a new Nintendo console. I know we just got the OLED, but it's not much of a upgrade from the original Switch especially if you play it docked. I wonder if Nintendo will actually reveal a new console soon. The Switch is already 6 years old at this point, crazy to think it's that old now.