Register Now
Smokey

Is RGB important?

Is cool RGB lighting important to you when building or buying a gaming PC? Why or why not?  I like the looks of the RGB lighting, and if it's a matter of just a couple hundred bucks more for RGB vs a standard singular color for say the keyboard on a laptop, i'll splurge and buy the RGB model as i find it pops more in the dark.

As much as RGB does look awesome and does brighten up your area it's not always necessary if I am honest. If you have the extra funds to be able to go the extra mile for RGB then I say go for it but if you are looking for budget to start out, I wouldn't sweat it about the RGB and just try and work your way up to get that eventually. I at the moment have an RGB keyboard that cost me £20 that lights up in rainbow but does nothing more. I have an RGB gaming mouse that my son gave me as he got another mouse for his PC and that flashes different colors but that was part of a bundle and my PC tower has RGB but it's just red and for me right now, I am happy with that.  

I wouldn't really say it's important, but if it's your thing go for it. I like RGB lighting to some extent, mainly because it always reminds me of Christmas and seeing all the fancy lights. I got a HyperX keyboard that lights up, a mousepad that lights up and under my desk I have a strip, but rarely use it. I just like the aesthetic at night, sitting in a room with LED lighting. I know it's not for everyone, but I like it. 

I used to use LED lights on the back of my TV, because it kinda helped with viewing the tv in the dark. But stopped using them when my TV died, though it was a sceptre tv, so surprised it lasted as long as it did. 

It's a gimmick. That being said, it's kinda nice to add a little flair to an otherwise mundane and plain looking input device. All my kb are at least backlit even though I either have it on the dimmest setting or turned off.

End of the day my system is RGB, fans, CPUT cooler, Motherboard, and RGB LEDs strips - comes at an extra cost to do that. Like £150 more

On 1/1/2023 at 6:52 AM, Empire said:

It's a gimmick. That being said, it's kinda nice to add a little flair to an otherwise mundane and plain looking input device. All my kb are at least backlit even though I either have it on the dimmest setting or turned off.

End of the day my system is RGB, fans, CPUT cooler, Motherboard, and RGB LEDs strips - comes at an extra cost to do that. Like £150 more

I even see monitors with RGB around the frame - like what's the point? There's RGB gaming chairs, RGB usb connectors - the RGB trend is just bizarre as hell.

On 2/28/2023 at 7:09 PM, killamch89 said:

I even see monitors with RGB around the frame - like what's the point? There's RGB gaming chairs, RGB usb connectors - the RGB trend is just bizarre as hell.

I think people just like the bright colors. I have a thing where I like RGB lighting, mainly because of my love for Christmas and the holiday lights. I actually have a string of Christmas lights hanging in my room as I speak. I think to each their own. If you like it cool, if you don't, cool too. 

I just light the aesthetic of it, having the lights in my room. I don't care much for it on a PC, and other accessories. I don't need it on everything, but I will use a few things with RGB no problem. For me, sitting in a dark room with RGB lighting is kinda relaxing. 

On 3/1/2023 at 12:09 AM, killamch89 said:

My old screen had a red cyle on the base, but was glad it was just red and nothing else 😜 But year why would you have that for. Can't see nothing on the screen with RGB shinning at your eyes

On 3/2/2023 at 6:52 AM, Empire said:

My old screen had a red cyle on the base, but was glad it was just red and nothing else 😜 But year why would you have that for. Can't see nothing on the screen with RGB shinning at your eyes

That's different - it's not like you have a literal disco ball around your screen. Like, what's the point?

On 3/8/2023 at 8:50 PM, killamch89 said:

That's different - it's not like you have a literal disco ball around your screen. Like, what's the point?

People are crazy who has that system XD.... I mean no idea why myself at times lol

On 3/8/2023 at 7:29 PM, Kyng said:

Not really... it's nice to have, I guess - but I'm certainly not going to pay extra just to get it.

The issue I have is when they literally have it on everything. Their gaming chair, around the frame of the monitor, on the walls. It's almost like a disco dance floor in their gaming area. The fact that it's practically useless also annoys me.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The issue I have is when they literally have it on everything. Their gaming chair, around the frame of the monitor, on the walls. It's almost like a disco dance floor in their gaming area. The fact that it's practically useless also annoys me.

Yeah, at that point, it just looks really tacky 😛 .

Admittedly, my current laptop has it - but it was a complete non-factor in my decision to get that specific laptop.

On 3/14/2023 at 7:15 PM, Kyng said:

Yeah, at that point, it just looks really tacky 😛 .

Admittedly, my current laptop has it - but it was a complete non-factor in my decision to get that specific laptop.

Mine does too but I change it in the settings so it's kind of a non-factor for me. Here's another example - an RGB Spotlight for sale on Amazon? It's bad enough having a 70's disco inside with all that RGB. How's it even going to help you outside!