Register Now
Smokey

Ever been part of a clan?

Ever been part of a clan?  Back in 2014, during Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, I set up my own clan with a few friends and going into Black Ops 3 we dominated public matches pretty heavily, for a few years.  We broke away during the WW2 era in 2017 unfortunately. I would love to bring the team back for MW2 and beyond, but I think most of my old clan mates have moved on.  What about you? Have you ever been part of a clan?

I have been part of a clan, yes. I remember back in 2008 I met a few people when playing Saints Row and we got playing and moved to Rainbow Six Vegas 2 where we continued our clan there and met a group of people who had another clan. We used to have a ton of fun going up against each other in terrorist hunt or in custom made matches as a friendly fun time between 2 clans. After a while we moved to Halo 3 where we continued our clan until everyone started moving on due to life away from gaming becoming busy and the clan disbanded. 

Haven't for a while. I was a game leader and moderator in another community for a while that included leading that community's guild in Neverwinter and hosting other events. I enjoyed it, but that community is sadly now a shadow of it's former self.

18 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Haven't for a while. I was a game leader and moderator in another community for a while that included leading that community's guild in Neverwinter and hosting other events. I enjoyed it, but that community is sadly now a shadow of it's former self.

Does the Neverwinter game have anything to do with RA Salvatore? I think he helped in creative content in video games and that might be one of them. RA Salvatore is one of my favorite authors, famous for the Legend of Drizzt series. 

6 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Does the Neverwinter game have anything to do with RA Salvatore? I think he helped in creative content in video games and that might be one of them. RA Salvatore is one of my favorite authors, famous for the Legend of Drizzt series. 

I wasn't aware of a direct connection. Neverwinter is a free-to-play MMO based upon the Neverwinter Nights series of RPGs that themselves are based upon Dungeons & Dragons. However, having done a little research in the wake of your question, I now see that The Neverwinter Saga is a saga written in the forgotten realms campaign world of D&D, a part of the Legend of Drizzt series (from Wikipedia):

drizzt.thumb.png.1dbee6e544d0cc49d38906d3124d65f1.png

912508262_neverwintersaga.thumb.png.5d625ec076ba89eb939888d4086d4ede.png

So whilst I don't think he was directly involved (What you might be thinking of is How R.A. Salvatore Helped Bring Icewind Dale to Games Again for Dark Alliance), but it seems like Neverwinter Nights, and thus Neverwinter, are based on his work. I must say thank you for the question, It helped me learn something new.

Only clan based that I only been into or part of and turns out that I help to run the clan anyway and became the boss 😛 was the old GTA4 RPing 🙂 back in the day of 2010 till 2015 when it ended. well, it ended when it became dead when members and mates have reallife things to deal with

On 11/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, Shagger said:

I wasn't aware of a direct connection. Neverwinter is a free-to-play MMO based upon the Neverwinter Nights series of RPGs that themselves are based upon Dungeons & Dragons. However, having done a little research in the wake of your question, I now see that The Neverwinter Saga is a saga written in the forgotten realms campaign world of D&D, a part of the Legend of Drizzt series (from Wikipedia😞

drizzt.thumb.png.1dbee6e544d0cc49d38906d3124d65f1.png

912508262_neverwintersaga.thumb.png.5d625ec076ba89eb939888d4086d4ede.png

So whilst I don't think he was directly involved (What you might be thinking of is How R.A. Salvatore Helped Bring Icewind Dale to Games Again for Dark Alliance), but it seems like Neverwinter Nights, and thus Neverwinter, are based on his work. I must say thank you for the question, It helped me learn something new.

Check this out! It is an expansion of Neverwinter called Menzoberranzan which is the under dark drow city made famous by R.A. Salvatore! Came out March 28 2023. I wish I could play this, but I don't play MMO. This is exciting though! For me it is a dream to see this expansion after reading those books of Legend of Drizzt. All I can say is WOW. This needs to be a whole game by itself. How I wish!!!!!!!!! Think I'll get this game just for this expansion and try it out. It even has Drizzt in it! One of the most amazing characters in all of D&D universe. I highly recommend you read the first book in the Dark Elf Trilogy called "Homeland." There is also a graphic novel called "Homeland" by Devil's Due Publishing telling the exact story by Salvatore but instead with pictures and less to read if you like that instead. I have both the entire book series and the graphic novels. That first book Homeland was amazing. 

I've never been part of a clan but back in the days before Covid, I used to play PUBG Mobile and Mobile Legends Bang Bang a lot thinking I would get recognized somehow and get to become a part of a big clan. I also used to apply for few clans whose id I had found but never got shortlisted. Anyway, it was just a phase of life. My priorities are different now and if I look back at those days now, I don't feel sad at all. 🙂

On Call of Duty I was a part of a clan, ended up being one of the leaders. The clan originally started in maybe Black Ops 1 - Dirty30Elites [D30E] I came across a few of the clan members on MW3. I joined in several games and joined the clan. We all played closely together on MW3, Black Ops 2, and Ghosts. Ghosts is kind of where we all slowly quit playing together as much. Ghosts was the last push for us and then some people went on to different games or real life. I LOVED it. We had 100 members and it was incredible. I loved Clan Battles. 

On Runescape I'd been in a few clans. I joined one I found on a forum and it was okay - but I never was too close to anybody. I quit the clan when I returned to Runescape. When I joined again I got invited to one clan, but wasn't a big fan either. I finally joined a clan where I was talking to everyone and was helping others. It was great. Well the leader was jealous that I was becoming more liked than he was so he kicked me from the clan. xD

Quit worrying about clans so much then -my husband and I created our own and have a few members under us - but meh. We mostly just kept our Discord chat for Runescape general discussions and all runescape people were allowed to be on it and didn't worry about the clan specifically on there.