Register Now
Shagger

Valve Accidently Sends Somebody a Turkey Fryer.

And that is not a typo. A customer send thier Steam Deck to Valve for repair, but they got more than they bargained for when the Steam Deck was sent. In a bizzare blunder the Turkey Fryer was sent from to same repair centre and back to the wrong customer. Full story from PCGamesn.

Whomever it was that had to do without thier turkey Fryer over Thanksgiving might not see the funny side, but the rest of us are free to lap this up. Still, it is interesting to find out that valve don't repair thier own Steam Deck's and send them to a 3rd party repairer.

All is well and the Turkey Fryer will find it's way back to its rightful owner in time for Christmas. The parties involved will be look back at this and laugh, but the rest of us can laugh right now.

I imagine this sort of thing happens often if they are repairing a ton of stuff under one banner. I think most companies these days use third party repair services. I think Microsoft did so when I had to send my 360 in for repair 5 separate times lol. I imagine they hire third party companies to handle repairs. But they're probably certified in repairing said devices too. 

He'll get his console back and probably a gift card for their blunder. 

A friend got four controllers instead of the head sets he ordered, I don't know how it all happened but a package was interchanged between two customers that bear the same name.

It was hilarious but we still had to return it and have the headset he ordered delivered to him this time without any mistakes.

I agree that when you look at this from our point of view where we were not the ones receiving the turkey fryer it does seem funny but I can only imagine how frustrated the recipient was when they were expecting something else and not what they received lol.

I guess these kind of mistakes do happen from time to time and as long as the company is able to fix the issue without too much delay it's all good in the end.