Register Now
Smokey

Would you ever want to be a pro-gamer on a team for a living?

Would you ever want to be a player on an e-sports team and play one game for a living? Say, Call of Duty like guys from 100T or Optic?  I don't know if I would, It sounds great on paper, but I think the stress & pressure of having to always be on your A-game would get to me.  It's hard to say though if I would enjoy it or not.  Do you think you'd be able to make a living like that? 

Just one game the whole time? Or are we allowed to play any games in our personal time? :D 

But seriously, I don't think I could stick to one game forever if that's the case. I prefer a mix of games. But if it's in terms of playing in Esports. Maybe. I played a lot of COD back in the day, so maybe I could see myself playing COD for a living if I ever jumped back into it. 

Also, if it paid really good money and I was able to win a lot, I'd do it. 

On 11/30/2022 at 5:02 PM, Kane99 said:

Just one game the whole time? Or are we allowed to play any games in our personal time? 😄

But seriously, I don't think I could stick to one game forever if that's the case. I prefer a mix of games. But if it's in terms of playing in Esports. Maybe. I played a lot of COD back in the day, so maybe I could see myself playing COD for a living if I ever jumped back into it. 

Also, if it paid really good money and I was able to win a lot, I'd do it. 

This is pretty much how I feel. I also played a ton of CoD back in the day, still play it and buy it every year, although it's not as good as it used to be, if I was being paid good money I would definitely do it for sure. 🙂

21 minutes ago, Smokey said:

This is pretty much how I feel. I also played a ton of CoD back in the day, still play it and buy it every year, although it's not as good as it used to be, if I was being paid good money I would definitely do it for sure. 🙂

Gaming fatigue is a real thing. It's probably why I don't play COD anymore. I used to play the hell out of it yearly, but the last game I put money down on was probably WWII maybe. I forget which one I had last honestly. I know I did get Cold War at some point, but may have gotten it free. 

But yeah, I think it's gaming fatigue, in that these games aren't the same anymore. They don't provide that same feeling you used to get. That's how I feel anyway. Plus, most of my friends have also moved on from COD, so I never feel like I need to play it. 

But, it's a game I feel like I could jump in at any point, and do fairly decent at. My muscle memory for the game is still quite active whenever I do play a COD. I just can't find myself willing to stick with it for too long anymore. 

Nope. Of course. It takes a lot of commitment. In order to become a pro, or even diamond you need to take your own improvement your number one priority. You have to be willing to take criticism.

League isn't based on physical capabilities, the work you put in will reflect your own growth as a player. All lcs players started off as a level one. It's their love for the game and commitment that have made them successful, not innate ability (for the most part )

I really do not think I would be able to handle the stress and the pressure of always being on my best game all the time for a living and being part of an esports team if I am honest, no matter how much money may be involved in possibly agreeing to it. I have always been a firm believer that your health and your well being is always more important than the amount of money you can earn and for someone like me, taking something like gaming and making it a full time job in terms of being competitive would just push me away from gaming as much as I do now. I am better staying a casual gamer.