Register Now
Kane99

A U.K. Startup Is Making Video Games for Dogs

Um, okay. Kinda reminds me of the topic I made a little while ago about apps for your cat. But this startup looks to be making video games targeted towards dogs. Yeah you heard that right. A studio called Joipaw, is making video games for dogs. They use a saliva-resistant touch screen so dogs can play, with the "controller" being the dogs nose. Hence why there's a saliva-resistant screen. :D 

They also said that these games can help the dogs by having a positive effect on them. Especially elderly dogs to help keep their brains sharp. 

So far all of this is in the prototype stages, but if they can make it a reality, I think it's pretty cool. And your doggo can get a treat for playing these games too, so double the happiness for them. :D

Anyway, would you ever try having your dog play a game? Maybe they're making a tablet just for dogs haha, that'd be crazy. 

Read more on this story here: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/u-k-startup-making-video-152526447.html

7 hours ago, Empire said:

One of my dogs is smart enough that he can actually watch TV. He tends to bark like crazy whenever he sees any dogs on screen or other animals.

I wish my dog would do that. All she does now is sleep, but to be fair she is getting old. I wonder if something like this dog game can actually cheer her up. If it does, I'd try it with my dog and see if she enjoys it or not. 

My cat will react to stuff on my phone though, he also likes to lay on phones for some reason. 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I wish my dog would do that. All she does now is sleep, but to be fair she is getting old. I wonder if something like this dog game can actually cheer her up. If it does, I'd try it with my dog and see if she enjoys it or not. 

My cat will react to stuff on my phone though, he also likes to lay on phones for some reason. 

Lol

This is quite hilarious but would you have preferred if she really playful and would play around with whatever she finds laying around in her mouth.

This sounds awesome and I really do hope that it becomes an actual thing and not just something they talk about, work on and then it flops. I have always said time and time again that with animals, much like humans they can suffer with depression and anxiety and something like gaming can always help with that much like it can with us humans. 

I think it would be cool to see a tablet specifically made for dogs that was dog proof with games that they can play. Super excited to see where this goes.