Register Now
Kane99

Future DC projects might connect with cinematic universe according to James Gunn

James Gunn, the director behind the likes of The Guardians of the Galaxy and the recent The Suicide Squad, is saying that upcoming video games may tie-in to the cinematic universe they're trying to build. So instead of games being separate from the cinematic side of DC, we could be seeing video games, tv shows and movies all being connected together in their own universe. These days the DC movies and shows don't usually tie into the video games. Same with their animated shows and movies. Their live action shows and movies have kind of teamed up, I know the CW did a couple cameos from the DCEU and the tv shows like The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. So the idea isn't out of question. 

But now, we may see more games tie-ins again. So I wonder if they will do the game releases with movie thing studios did in the past. 

You can read more on this news here - https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/james-gunn-e2-80-98some-e2-80-99-standalone-dc-projects-will-still-exist-outside-of-a-dc-universe-that-connects-film-tv-animation-and-games/ar-AA14Fb1q

I have seen collaborative video games like the one they intend to develop, we got a DC x Marvel cross fighting multiplayer video game back in 2008 and it was undeniably a success.

I have high hopes for this one and I can't wait to see the outcome when it is eventually released.

All of the marvel studios animated projects have been essentially what if/elseworld stories so far, what Gunn is implying may mean these animation projects actually affect what happens in the live action projects which could be cool.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:52 PM, Empire said:

All of the marvel studios animated projects have been essentially what if/elseworld stories so far, what Gunn is implying may mean these animation projects actually affect what happens in the live action projects which could be cool.

Marvel has had several announcement in the past though some pulled through and other thrown under the carpet.

But I have a feeling that this collaboration would actually work out.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:16 AM, Justin11 said:

I have seen collaborative video games like the one they intend to develop, we got a DC x Marvel cross fighting multiplayer video game back in 2008 and it was undeniably a success.

I have high hopes for this one and I can't wait to see the outcome when it is eventually released.

Not sure what you're on about, as this is just the DC side of things. Marvel isn't part of it, so no crossovers with them, at least not in the foreseeable future. 

On 12/2/2022 at 6:52 AM, Empire said:

Well this is more to do with DC and their universe. Marvel pretty much does the same anyway, as they are tying characters in from their shows into their movies more now. But DC normally doesn't mix their stories from other media into their main storylines. 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, Kane99 said:

Well this is more to do with DC and their universe. Marvel pretty much does the same anyway, as they are tying characters in from their shows into their movies more now. But DC normally doesn't mix their stories from other media into their main storylines. 

Yet DC has lots of great characters.The movie just need better scripts. Maybe Paul Dini could write a decent Batman script? Just one villain per movie..All the movies with more than one were bad