Register Now
Techno

Social Features In Games

Watch dogs 1 has a cool feature where you can get hacked at any time and you have to search for who is hacking you and eliminate them. It is an online feature, plus you can look for others to hack their data and sort of play hide and seek while they look for you and try to kill you before time runs out. I haven't figured out if these are real players or some kind of computer AI. And it's not really DLC because you can do these things at any time right in the middle of your gameplay. I hate it sometimes because I'll be doing something and next thing I know I'm getting hacked and have to go look for them. But it's fun. I lose every time. These people or AI are freakin experts always ambushing me. 

If you’re looking for a sense of community, that’s one thing that a lot of mobile Freemium games do extremely well. Well, it’s not the games themselves, rather the people who play them. I don’t know if there are any games where you can all be part of the same little village or anything like that.

But each game always have a community - even if it's GTA or flying

I like when games have at least a simple text chat feature, something that makes it easy to converse with people where you don't have to use voice chat lol. Other than that, I also like when you have a dedicated button for taking clips, and one that will upload to your desired social media platform, or YouTube maybe. 

Also, party chat features are a must for most games if I play with a group of friends. Private parties to be exact, as I don't like to sit in public lobbies these days. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I like when games have at least a simple text chat feature, something that makes it easy to converse with people where you don't have to use voice chat lol. Other than that, I also like when you have a dedicated button for taking clips, and one that will upload to your desired social media platform, or YouTube maybe. 

That is a really cool feature that should be added to more online video games.

I Know call of duty has such a feature in their online modes.