Register Now
Techno

Games With Needless Drama

On 12/2/2022 at 12:48 PM, Empire said:

Games that people make it into a needless drama in GTA Roleplaying. I mean I been there and done that... COME ON. people can't take it when they do not like something that goes thereway

GTA roleplay is always get a lot of Media attention since fans wouldn't stop talking about how awful or good it is.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:48 PM, Justin11 said:

GTA roleplay is always get a lot of Media attention since fans wouldn't stop talking about how awful or good it is.

Or they see that on YouTube and Twitch and they go nuts to get on your screen 😛 

I think most Japanese games in the past few years that get censored get a lot of unnecessary drama. The vast majority of the censorship involves them adding more clothes to either questionably aged female characters, or blatantly underaged characters.

So there’s an irony seeing people claiming “I’m an adult, I don’t need censorship” while they throw a childlike tantrum.

5 hours ago, Grungie said:

I think most Japanese games in the past few years that get censored get a lot of unnecessary drama. The vast majority of the censorship involves them adding more clothes to either questionably aged female characters, or blatantly underaged characters.

So there’s an irony seeing people claiming “I’m an adult, I don’t need censorship” while they throw a childlike tantrum.

I was under the impression Japanese censorship was mostly related to violence rather than sexual content and nudity. Maybe it's both. I do agree with what you said about people having a fit over censorship, it is childish. I'm not a fan of censorship, adults do not need need thier media moderated that heavily when it's rated for adults, but it's pathetic to loose your shit over Lara Croft now wearing jeans instead of short shorts or whatever.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

I was under the impression Japanese censorship was mostly related to violence rather than sexual content and nudity. Maybe it's both. I do agree with what you said about people having a fit over censorship, it is childish. I'm not a fan of censorship, adults do not need need thier media moderated that heavily when it's rated for adults, but it's pathetic to loose your shit over Lara Croft now wearing jeans instead of short shorts or whatever.

I don't think they censor violence as much as in the 90's, especially before the ESRB was created for the US. The sexual stuff definitely gets more media coverage, and the stuff I've seen from the Censored Gaming Youtube channel does seem to have a lot of games that have primarily sexual stuff censored in Western releases. Especially when a lot of those games have characters that either look really young, or are canonically young.

You can find old forum posts of people throwing a fit over games like Xenoblade Chronicles X for removing skimpy outfits for the 13 year old girl.

Wow, so outrageous.

I do agree that censorship is kind of dumb if it's rated T or M (or the equivalents from PEGI for the Europeans), but I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist for covering up some unnecessary skin, especially if it's not that kind of game.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:48 AM, Empire said:

Games that people make it into a needless drama in GTA Roleplaying. I mean I been there and done that... COME ON. people can't take it when they do not like something that goes thereway

True - did you hear about the drama with Bayareabuggs and Polecat. To be fair, most of the DOJ community seemed to not like Polecat at all.