Register Now
Kane99

Wanna play as Jesus? Well you can now.

There is a new game, well prologue to the upcoming I Am Jesus Christ video game, that you can play right now for free. It's more of a demo of what the game is expected to be. You can be Jesus with powers like walking on water, deflecting fireballs from Satan and so on haha. Honestly have no idea how to feel about this game. The devs seem serious about it, but it feels like a troll by them too. 

The reviews are positive for the prologue, but if you read them, most of the users are memeing it up. 

Has anyone downloaded the prologue yet and given it a try? I'm tempted to see how bad it is, as one article I read (below), mentions it doesn't control well. And the main game is supposed to come out in 2023 sometime. 

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/01/jesus-christ-video-game

Also the steam page for the game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1509650/I_Am_Jesus_Christ_Prologue/ 

I don't know what that expect from this kind of game , I know some would be interested in it just to have a feel of what's it going to be like and have something to talk about online.

I am not really interested in the video game either so I might just let this one pass.

This just makes me both laugh and cringe.  On one hand it's a pretty fun idea playing the "Messiah" and performing miracles and stuff.  If it were just a bit of over the top parody fun then I'd be right on board.  Therein lies the problem, you know there's just far to many that take this shit legitimately seriously and just sucks the fun out of it.  From the material presented so far I don't know what the intention is.

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

This just makes me both laugh and cringe.  On one hand it's a pretty fun idea playing the "Messiah" and performing miracles and stuff.  If it were just a bit of over the top parody fun then I'd be right on board.  Therein lies the problem, you know there's just far to many that take this shit legitimately seriously and just sucks the fun out of it.  From the material presented so far I don't know what the intention is.

Yeah I can see some people taking it seriously. And, I'm not sure whether it's meant to be serious or to be funny or a mix of both. To me it looks too cheesy to be taken seriously, but I don't know if this dev is religious or if he's just making a dumb fun game. 

And if it ends up being too dumb, and funny, then that in turn could make some people mad. I think it's meant to be a meme, but I'd have to research the developer more and see if they're serious. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I can see some people taking it seriously. And, I'm not sure whether it's meant to be serious or to be funny or a mix of both. To me it looks too cheesy to be taken seriously, but I don't know if this dev is religious or if he's just making a dumb fun game. 

And if it ends up being too dumb, and funny, then that in turn could make some people mad. I think it's meant to be a meme, but I'd have to research the developer more and see if they're serious. 

You can't make a Jesus video and you are just trying to make a meme out of it, it has to be something serious imo.

I don't know what the developers had in mind but they should just let this one go if they intend to make it look stupid or just for some dumb fun.

Of all the ideas I thought I would see for a video game; this was definitely not one of the ideas I thought I would ever see. I can see it being quite popular in the beginning as many people will be curious about it but as a game that will be popular after initial release, I feel it may die out after people who are curious have tried it. It does seem like a weird idea from a game developer to be honest, but they must have some inkling that it will work out well or must have some ideas for it. I guess we wait to see what happens. 

I also have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I think it's cool if that is what you are into if you are religious. It gives representation to those who would appreciate a game like that. But, I don't see how it is much different from a majority of games that uses super powers. This takes it a step further though because you are depicting yourself as Jesus. There could be a ton of controversies in this from religious people especially if it doesn't align with what the bible says. It looks like it is using references of locations in the bible, so there could be a bit of religious people criticizing it. 

Playing Assassin's Creed which has a lot of cultural and religious reference is similar to this in a way. Even at times in AC you play as a God. You play as Odin in AC Valhalla in one of the maps. To me it is fascinating to put yourself there as a fantasy. The thing is, I don't actually believe or practice the religion so I don't go too far with it.

Maybe it can increase a religious person's closeness and try to put themselves in the sandals of an entity who was righteous and wanted to help others. Or they could start banning all other games and keep religious ones. I don't freakin know anymore. 

Religion aside, this makes me think about how rarely you see games about being nice to people. I mean, fundamentally, most games are just skinned Skinner boxes anyway. Push button, get dopamine. Surely there'd be a way to make a "granting wishes" mechanic function in the same way. 

Why does walking on water not use Christ power? Is it not a sufficiently powerful miracle? As far as I know, it's pretty abnormal for people to walk on water.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Religion aside, this makes me think about how rarely you see games about being nice to people. I mean, fundamentally, most games are just skinned Skinner boxes anyway. Push button, get dopamine. Surely there'd be a way to make a "granting wishes" mechanic function in the same way. 

Why does walking on water not use Christ power? Is it not a sufficiently powerful miracle? As far as I know, it's pretty abnormal for people to walk on water.

I haven't played it yet but I think they mentioned it in the trailer, or the Steam page or something.

I'd like to think of this as an RPG type of thing, where you can choose what miracles to perform.  Like your walking around Galilee and your like "That guy is fishing , cool!  As for that other guy hunting crabs...  "Fuck him!  I'm gonna give him Leprosy".  in the next Level I could be perchin away and suddenly be like "The first five to cough up 50 silver pieces get one loved one raised from the dead and the rest of you get Leprosy, cough it up!"  Gotta be honest, if I were the son of God I would be a total cunt!  When faced with crucifixion I would be like "Oh look at that!  All you Jews and roman officials who said 'Crucify Him' are suddenly on fire!  What rotten luck!"

Edited by Crazycrab

I don't know what to expect, but there's something that irks the hell out of me. Why is it ok to make a game portraying jesus in a high light, but no one ever makes a game of this nature about Mohammed as he relates to Islam? Or Buddha as he relates to Buddhism? And so on. I guess considering that I'm Satanic, I can see these things when no one else can. Or chooses not to.

On 12/4/2022 at 4:57 PM, Empire said:

Leonardo da Vinci was able to walk on water. He build shoes that bouied his weight perfectly, allowing him to walk across ponds, lakes, and fountains. So the whole "walking on water" thing is nothing more than a fucking joke.