Register Now
Kane99

The Game Awards 2022 - December 8th

The Game Awards 2022 is nearly upon us, as they will be airing a live stream December 8th. Are your favorite games up for awards? Or are there some games that are missing from the mix? I figured God of War: Ragnarok would make the cut this year, even though it came out so close to the end of 2022. 

Anyway, what are your predictions on winners? What reveals do you think they will show? 

You can find more on those nominated, along with start time and where to watch here - https://thegameawards.com/

I'm excited to see what they show off this year. I'm hoping to see more from the upcoming Silent Hill 2 Remake, or something new entirely. I'd like to see more of what Kojima is working on personally. It would also be cool to hear something about a new Metal Gear Solid title. 

9 minutes ago, Smokey said:

I'm excited to see what they show off this year. I'm hoping to see more from the upcoming Silent Hill 2 Remake, or something new entirely. I'd like to see more of what Kojima is working on personally. It would also be cool to hear something about a new Metal Gear Solid title. 

Yeah I second the silent hill 2 remake. I especially want to see more about the other silent hill projects they got going. Also I'd like more of an idea about Kojimas Xbox game along with whatever he has up his sleeve next. 

I would love to see a new metal gear, but I would hope Kojima is somewhat involved in that. Otherwise I don't want to play it. 

You always know when it's close to Christmas when the Game Awards is almost up on us. It doesn't seem 5 minutes since the last Game Awards last year, this year has gone way too fast! In terms of predictions on winners I haven't got any at the moment, but I am curious to see if there will be any reveals or any surprises during the Game Awards. It's always something I look forward to towards the end of the year and will definitely be catching it when it airs!

I guess Epic Games and 505 Games are teasing something. They released a video with actor Michael Madsen with a QR code in it. 

Scanning the QR code will bring you to this site: https://www.visitrockaycity.com/

Which is a countdown to the Game Awards. So my guess is 505 games is revealing a new IP at the show. I think some people said it could be a Kojima game, since 505 games published Death Stranding on PC, and Michael Madsen is a somewhat known actor, and I could see Kojima working with someone like Madsen. But that's probably not the case. We'll see though. 

I wonder if we're going to get an open world game from 505 games. It doesn't say who the developer is, whether it's 505 games just publishing, or whatever. 

Ubisoft+ xbox announcement with price and 2023 release Kingdom hearts 4 update with possibly new trailer Kingdom hearts missing link update Resident evil 4 remake news update Ff16 release date announcement Forspokem news update Jedi survivor release date announcement Star wars: KOTOR (knights of the old republic) remake update Star wars eclipse update with new trailer Skull and bones update Spiderman 2 new trailer with more update on its development

I think most of these games might get shown Thursday so I'm excited, not getting my Hope's high tho!

Also, I don't know if you guys heard about this or not, just found out about it myself. If you tune into the game awards through Steam, you could win a Steamdeck. They will be giving away a steamdeck every minute during the stream, but you need to be watching it through Steams streaming side. 

More details here - https://store.steampowered.com/sale/thegameawardssteamdeckdrop2022

Sometimes I really do dislike living in the UK when it comes to things like the game awards as it is on so late for me so unfortunately I missed it as I had to head to bed for an early start this morning. I will be catching up on anything that was announced today though. I am honestly not surprised that Game of the Year was Elden Ring. That game was popular right off the release and even now I still see people playing the game and really enjoying it.