Register Now
Smokey

Xenogears/Xenosaga?

Have you ever played Xenogears? Or it's sequels within the Xenosaga franchise?  I love Xenogears on the PS1. I managed to pick up a copy years ago for a decent price and it's one of my prized PS1 titles now. I enjoyed the first Xenosaga game as well and got halfway through part 2. I did own all of them at a time, however. 

Go with Xenogears. I love Xenosaga 3 and want to recommend it, but it's only worth it if all the symbolism of Episode 1 and 2 are fresh in your mind. I would replay each game before a new one came out, so I was always ecstatic to learn what happens next.

I enjoyed Xenogears, but I can’t get into Xenosaga. I keep trying to push myself to finish Xenosaga 1, but it’s such a drag.

I feel like I just walk a few feet to unlock an unnecessarily long cutscene. You know it’s bad when they have save points between the cutscenes.

14 hours ago, Grungie said:

I enjoyed Xenogears, but I can’t get into Xenosaga. I keep trying to push myself to finish Xenosaga 1, but it’s such a drag.

I feel like I just walk a few feet to unlock an unnecessarily long cutscene. You know it’s bad when they have save points between the cutscenes.

Yeah that's kinda how I felt with the Xenosaga games too. I only finished the 1st one then got halfway through the 2nd before calling it quits.