Register Now
Techno

Good game trilogies

21 minutes ago, Techno said:

What are some gaming trilogies that are good? I can think of the Uncharted trilogy, Halo Covenant Trilogy, and the Hitmen Trilogy. 

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken or getting the wrong idea but I don't believe any of those are trilogies.  There's 4 main entries in the Uncharted franchise, 8 if you include the 2 PS Vita, mobile, and lost Legacy Spin offs so I don't think that one counts.  There's at least 6 main HALO entries and I'm certain there's been way more than 3 cannon Hitman games to. 

Edited by Crazycrab

Just now, Crazycrab said:

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken or getting the wrong idea but I don't believe any of those are trilogies.  There's 4 main entries in the Uncharted franchise, 8 if you include the 2 PS Vita, mobile, and lost Legacy Spin offs so I don't think that one counts.  There's at least 6 main HALO entries and I'm certain there's been way more than 3 cannon Hitman games to. 

I'm taking about either certain eras or stories. Like the modern 3 hitmen games, those are three games that act like a triogly. I'd count the PS3 Uncharted games as a triogly as they all released on the same console and came out in like two years of each other. And Halo 1,2, and 3 are all following a similar story with a conclusion.

2 minutes ago, Techno said:

I'm taking about either certain eras or stories. Like the modern 3 hitmen games, those are three games that act like a triogly. I'd count the PS3 Uncharted games as a triogly as they all released on the same console and came out in like two years of each other. And Halo 1,2, and 3 are all following a similar story with a conclusion.

Ok that's a bit more clear, thanks.

I have a very hard time choosing between Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I like the setting of Dragon Age more but I like Mass Effect's continuous story and recurring characters over Dragon Age's shifting protagonists living out small pieces of a worldwide plot.

In the end I'd probably say Mass Effect.

Castlevania and Double Dragon on NES were great trilogies. Arguably, DKC on SNES was a great trilogy. I have grown to hate the games, despite having beaten the first two. I have the third one, but have never played it. I only got it to complete the set. @Rain Dew has DKC 64, but I haven't played it either. I'm curious about it, but haven't ever felt the urge to dive in. We also have DKC Tropical Freeze for the Switch, but that one is entirely hers. If it doesn't have Mario (originally called Jump man) climbing ladders to save a princess, then I have no real interest.