Register Now
Smokey

How do you organize your games?

How do you organize your game collection?  I have a bunch and i mean a BUNCH of games and organizing them can be quite tricky. I just got some new furniture for my bedroom/office to help elevate this issue.  Now I have mosst of my Sega Dreamcast collection on a 'floating shelf' on the back wall near my nightstand, and I have my PS5, PS4 and Xbox games in a cabinet underneath my windowsill, with space for more.  The drawers I had these games in, are now nearly empty, so I might put clothes in them or simply reuse them for other game consoles.  We'll see.

I have a cupboard that I keep in my living room which is in the corner where we keep most of the games that we have and some of them are also kept in other cupboards of the house. At the moment I don't have any solid place where I can keep all the physical games that I have due to lack of funds to get something like that which is kind of why I am glad digital is now a thing as that means less worry on where to keep games when I get them so there is less clutter. 

I just end up keeping them in a box 😛 Since all my games are now digital based 🙂 very easy to keep organized from games that you never play in the dark and the last game that you open back when you played it. I mean who still buys dics for your games any platform

I have a bookcase that holds most of them right now. It's not in order at all, and it could use some cleaning too. I want to get a different bookcase, or shelf since the one I have now the back is coming off and is probably older than I am lol. 

In all honesty, I quit buying physical games years ago. Everything is digital, that way I can't destroy a CD / gamecard or lose anything. I have yet to begin contruction on my gaming room. I'm waiting until my kids grow up a little bit so when they might join me, they can have their game station next to mine.

I have several plastic tubs that I keep mine in. They all have a lid, and are marked as to what system the games inside are for. In total I have somewhere around 10 tubs full of games. The systems I have in tubs are NES, SNES, Game Boy/GBA, N64, PS1, PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Atari 2600, and a couple others with random games. I don't really play PS2, but that's just because I missed the entire PS2 era, for reasons I won't get into.

When I used to have a physical game collection about a decade or so ago, I used to have them on a book shelf with them organized by alphabet but I haven't really bought any physical games in years - well outside of a couple of Switch games that came in the bundle with my Switch.