Register Now
Smokey

E3 2023?

What do you think is in store for E3 2023? Are you excited it'll be returning in 2023? What are you hoping to see revealed at E3 2023?  I would love to actually be able to get there in person myself, but that's not in the cards at the moment.

What are you hoping for out of E3 2023?

Don't you think you're brining this up a little too early? E3 has got to be six months away. Sorry, but this is pointless. I won't lock this thread, but I'm lock other threads that come up closer to the event because this is already here.

I mean, we are still getting a lot of news within about a week. We got a state of play with some pretty big bombs, there are like 20 small events scheduled in the meantime, we are getting a big Xbox event, Summer's GameFest is supposed to bring a lot of interesting stuff, we still get the smaller shows from E3 like devolver's and PC gaming show. I don't miss E3 at all, as long as we still get this much news in 1 week.

19 hours ago, Shagger said:

Don't you think you're brining this up a little too early? E3 has got to be six months away. Sorry, but this is pointless. I won't lock this thread, but I'm lock other threads that come up closer to the event because this is already here.

Yeah, the next E3 happens June 2023, so yeah a bit of a ways off. 

It's too early to really tell what we're going to see. I mean, there is a lot of time before the next E3, so our predictions now, may not even match with what they do coming June. But, I'm sure we'll see something on the next Kojima game if we don't get anything during the Game Awards this month. But other than that, maybe new details on the Suicide Squad game, as I am interested in that one. 

E3 is still a way off but it's always fun to talk about and make speculations about what we may see. I for one am excited to see it back next year and really missed it this year when they didn't do it as it's always something I look forward to every year and there is always some really great announcements when E3 comes around. I've been saying it for a while and it probably will never happen but to see Xbox announce a handheld of some sorts would be amazing, but I highly doubt that will happen any time soon. 

19 hours ago, Shortie said:

E3 is still a way off but it's always fun to talk about and make speculations about what we may see. I for one am excited to see it back next year and really missed it this year when they didn't do it as it's always something I look forward to every year and there is always some really great announcements when E3 comes around. I've been saying it for a while and it probably will never happen but to see Xbox announce a handheld of some sorts would be amazing, but I highly doubt that will happen any time soon. 

I don't see a handheld being announced, but with the way the market is going and how more companies are getting into handheld hardware, it's always a possibility Xbox and others may jump into the handheld market too. I've said it before, the popularity of the Switch and the Steam Deck has to be giving Sony and Microsoft ideas about the possibility. 

I don't know if Sony would try their hands at making a new handheld, but maybe Microsoft. 

I think if it were to happen, it'd be another generation off, maybe after this generation of consoles. 

There's no telling what will happen at E3 or if it will even happen because it was cancelled prior to last year in 2020 I believe. I know that Covid did play a part but in recent years, the more major game developers have been hosting their own gaming conferences.

Yeah, I fear it may have lost a lot of its relevance due to it being cancelled several years in a row, and other developers organising their own conferences (which are likely to continue now that they've been established). 

I think they need a successful E3 in 2023 - otherwise, it's just going to die or get forgotten.

1 hour ago, Kyng said:

Yeah, I fear it may have lost a lot of its relevance due to it being cancelled several years in a row, and other developers organising their own conferences (which are likely to continue now that they've been established). 

I think they need a successful E3 in 2023 - otherwise, it's just going to die or get forgotten.

I wish it would quite frankly - it's just become some kind of movie festival with all these trailers with little to no actually gameplay footage.