Register Now
GeppyX

Sonic Frontiers looks good, but don't know what to do

I have the new Sonic. I like the way it performs on my PS5. But what I've noticed about a lot of Sonic games is I get kind of lost and don't know what to do or where to go. Is that typical? At the beginning of the game, I start on this island, then it has me to this timed race over and over. Then I go back to the island. There's a giant robot. Have no idea what I'm supposed to do. The game doesn't really hold my hand. Any advice? For some reason, I've always been the type of gamer that gets confused when I play certain games. This game is harder than Last of Us or Uncharted because there's no clear objective. 

Even on the MegaDrive/Genesis, Sonic levels weren't exactly liner with various paths open to you and secrets to find, so the fact that they don't hold your hand makes sense to me. Unfortunatly, I don't have the game, so I can't really offer any specific advice. If you are stuck, try looking up a guide online. I did find this video that may or may not be the very part you are stuck at, but at the very least this user's gameplay walkthrough might help you out if you check out his other videos.

You are not the only one when it comes to Sonic games and them not really explaining it too much and it being more of a you have to work it out. I myself have been in a situation where I have jumped on to play a Sonic game and then got stuck on something and not known what to do. I don't want to give up as I want to play the game, but it can be frustrating. I have found looking on YouTube for walkthroughs is always a great way to get past these areas that become a pain. Hopefully you manage to get past it and continue enjoying the game! 

I've seen it on sale quite a bit since launch. I know it was on sale for Black Friday & Cyber Monday and I think i saw it on sale again just the other day from best buy. I would keep an eye out for a sale if it's a game you're interested in. It seems like the type of game that'll go on sale more often than not, so waiting might be your best move to save some money.

I really see the potential this game has in terms of its impact on future 3d sonic games. I truly believe this is a step in the right direction and I'm excited to see what Sega does with this formula. review has made me a tad bit disappointed in quite a few things though as I thought this game was really gonna be really really good, but it's just good enough essentially.