Register Now
Smokey

Running out of space for games in your collection?

How do you handle running out of space for games in your collection? I've ran into this issue recently and I realized I no longer had the consoles for these games so i simply just tossed them  as there is no 3rd-party mom & pop shops around here that i'd be able to sell the to. This kinda sucks because I would've loved to have made something for close to 200 games for the 360 or PS3. 

How do you handle lack of space in your game collection? Or how do you make more space for newer games?

I don't have that issue, so no problems for me. I also only collect games I'm actually interested in playing.

I've never been the type to grab ones just for the sake of grabbing them, so that gives me the added benefit of having a smaller collection, and also I don't have to buy the expensive games that I'm not gonna play.

Just get more stroage 😉 I mean easy to say on PC more so then Xbox or PS then again most networks offer cloud based storage nowdays anyway that allows you to save your files or data into the cloud and load from there 🙂 I would end up uninstalling games that I do not play anymore that is taken up space on the disk. Then again I have 6TB and even that so not enought 😛

I usually find a spot in my house to store them. I have enough room at the moment for more games, but I usually just get digital these days. I still am on the lookout for older and retro games though, so eventually I'll need more room. What I want to do is build a shelving unit in a spot in my room, and just build a nice set of shelves so that I can store all of my games, with room to spare. I want to make the shelf extend the whole wall, so that I have enough storage. 

I have a small bookcase where all my games are right now, with a small DVD tower on my dresser with some games. But other than that, I don't have much room for more games, but I think with more shelving and storage, I will have more than enough space to store my games, movies and whatever else I own. 

Luckily, I have not run into this issue as I don't have that many games physically that I haven't had the space for. I myself have cupboards with shelves that I keep my games in and because I don't buy them physical as much anymore, I find that I don't need the extra space. If there was a time that I would need the extra space at all I would probably buy a shelving unit that I would place and have them placed on there if needed so that it looked neat and went with the furniture in the room.