Register Now
Smokey

Game & Watch

Do you remember Game & Watch from Nintendo?  They brought them back in the form of a small handheld for Zelda and I believe Super Mario Bros.  What are your thoughts on these cheaper handhelds with a small amount of games on them? Do you own any? Do you think they're worth it?

I think the idea behind them is cool and i'd honestly love to see Sega put out something like that for the Genesis/32X/CD. 

I do remember these, yes but I never had one myself but I knew people that did have one. They always used to say how much they really enjoyed them and from their experience of them they did see worth it to own for sure. 

Something like this for Sega would definitely be amazing to see. 

Never owned one myself but I think a neighbor had one that I messed around with. It was the one with the monkeys. 

I wanted to get the Super Mario Bros play n watch handheld that came out a while back. It had Super Mario Bros 1 that you could play and one of the original play and watch games. It also could be used as a cool clock. But I didn't want to spend $50 for something like that. Maybe if it see it on sale somewhere I'll buy it. 

I love the Mario one. I remember some people shitting on it, when it released. But I think it’s a great thing if you’re a fan.

I keep it by my bed and it’s super calming to play and honestly just hear the beep of the clock before it puts itself to sleep. And I dig the look/feel.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:45 AM, Empire said:

I love the Mario one. I remember some people shitting on it, when it released. But I think it’s a great thing if you’re a fan.

I keep it by my bed and it’s super calming to play and honestly just hear the beep of the clock before it puts itself to sleep. And I dig the look/feel.

I originally wanted it just because of its clock function, the SMB game it comes with was kind of an afterthought for me, because I too kinda wanted to put it up by my bed as a little clock. But couldn't see myself spending $50 for this.