Register Now
Smokey

Do you buy game keys in bulk?

On 1/24/2023 at 2:59 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah it's a problem when it comes to buying codes from third parties. You never know exactly what you're getting and it could take months or even years before a studio takes notice and removes the game or whatever. I heard someone got in trouble for selling their codes from a humble bundle. Even giving them away to people can cause issues I hear. 

It depends - buying from companies like CDkeys or Joltfun is recommended because they resell legit keys. On the other hand, G2A is a cesspool and should be avoided at all cost.

Yes. I bought bundles on Humble for many years. I don't do it as much these days as I have a butt load of games as it is on my Steam account. 

On 1/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, Kane99 said:

So essentially, be careful about the codes you buy/sell/giveaway if it's humble bundle at least. Or just don't connect your steam account to your humble page. 

I've given away keys from my Humble with my Steam connected before, and so far no issues. I did so via giveaways, and nowadays I even think there's an option to 'send it as a gift' or so I swore. It's been a hot minute since I used Humble last, so could be wrong or misremembering! 

On 2/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, Kale said:

Yes. I bought bundles on Humble for many years. I don't do it as much these days as I have a butt load of games as it is on my Steam account. 

I've given away keys from my Humble with my Steam connected before, and so far no issues. I did so via giveaways, and nowadays I even think there's an option to 'send it as a gift' or so I swore. It's been a hot minute since I used Humble last, so could be wrong or misremembering! 

Same - I haven't used Humble in about 2 years minimum. Honestly, I just get my games from Steam, Epic or GOG.

On 1/31/2023 at 1:37 PM, killamch89 said:

It depends - buying from companies like CDkeys or Joltfun is recommended because they resell legit keys. On the other hand, G2A is a cesspool and should be avoided at all cost.

You gotta be careful with any sites that sell keys/codes etc, including CDKeys. I don't know Joltfun, so I can't judge on that. But I believe some people have gotten away with selling used/fake keys on CDkeys before. Much like G2A and other sites. Especially if they allow people to sell codes themselves. 

CDkeys and Joltfun may be more reliable, but there are still risks. 

On 2/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, Kale said:

Yeah I believe some said you could gift them to people, but I think there were some that couldn't. I forget as I haven't gotten a humble bundle in a while. I think it's more to do with people selling the codes second hand, like they recognize you didn't redeem the game on your account and get you that way. I may be wrong on that though, but that's how I see it. 

I don't see why it'd be a problem to gift any codes you get. Even to resell them, they should be yours to do with as you please. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

You gotta be careful with any sites that sell keys/codes etc, including CDKeys. I don't know Joltfun, so I can't judge on that. But I believe some people have gotten away with selling used/fake keys on CDkeys before. Much like G2A and other sites. Especially if they allow people to sell codes themselves. 

CDkeys and Joltfun may be more reliable, but there are still risks. 

I believe CDkeys sources their keys from companies - I'm not entirely sure users can sell their keys on the site unlike G2A.

I just bought a mystery steam key bundle from Fanatical the other day, I haven't revealed the keys yet since I plan on making a video revealing what games I got. I think it's cool, though it sucks when you end up with games you already bought. Of course then you could just give away the extra keys in contests on forums or if you have a Youtube channel you could give them away to subscribers. I like the Humble Bundle too since it goes towards charity.