Register Now
Smokey

Consoles you wanted growing up but never got?

DId you have any consoles growing up that you wanted but never got as a kid?  For me, it was the Sega Saturn, my friends had one and i just loved the look and feel of the games on the Saturn, the 2D fighters were top-notch at the time and it was just such a cool looking console, being a Sega fan in the 90s, I naturally wanted one, but my parents never bought one for me. I did however, get a Dreamcast and that became my favorite console of all time, years later as an adult, I did manage to buy a Saturn on my own and I love it, but the Dreamcast is still my favorite Sega console.  Did you have any consoles you wanted as a kid but never got?

For me it would have been the Dreamcast if I am honest. We never actually got one ourselves to share between me and my brothers and the only way I could play was to use a friend's console at their house. I remember having a ton of fun on the Dreamcast with friends at their house and often hoped my parents would get us one eventually, but it never happened due to lack of funds. It wasn't really one console I missed out on to be honest, but it was one we never had for ourselves. 

Good question, growing up I mostly had the NES, Genesis, PS1, and PS2. I didn't get to own an N64 until I was an adult. I always wanted to get a dreamcast, xbox, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii and a few others I'm forgetting. 

I always wanted a gameboy color growing up. I won a Gameboy advance from something when I was a kid, and that was the only handheld console I had growing up. Oh also wanted the Sega Game Gear. A neighbor owned one and I remember how cool it was at the time. 

Not being part of the western sphere of influence meant I didn't have any consoles growing up. Not that they weren't available, you could buy anything after the fall of the iron curtain, but only the 1% could afford the luxury of console gaming. The rest of us could barely scrape together enough to buy one or two bootleg PC games a year.

My first console was a PS2 Slim that I purchased second hand from one of my first paychecks.

Edited by m76