Register Now
Smokey

Achievement hunting

Do you achievement hunt on Xbox?  I try whenever there's incentive, like the weekly sets for points. I try to rack up as many microsoft rewards points as I can and try to get my games for free. Do you achievement hunt on xbox? Do you care about your gamer score at all?

Back when I got my 360, I tried to get every achievement possible. Now days I still kinda hunt for achievements, but I don't go full force and try to get all of them. I play a game, beat it and if there are any easy achievements, I'll maybe try for them, otherwise I just quit and move on to the next game. I don't need to get every achievement in a game. 

My current Xbox gamescore is 130,206. At this point I don't really care if I get most achievements. I just focus on having fun and finishing a game. 

When I had my 360, I would sit and spend a lot of time completing games and then going back through them to complete certain things to unlock achievements. I remember I had quite a few games that I had 1000 gamerscore on that I would work through until I had completed them all. Nowadays I don't tend to achievement hunt as much as I used to and only do, I ever really get achievements now if I am playing a game and come across them. I would love to go back to achievement hunting like I used to but not having as much time now is the biggest issue. 

17 hours ago, Shortie said:

When I had my 360, I would sit and spend a lot of time completing games and then going back through them to complete certain things to unlock achievements. I remember I had quite a few games that I had 1000 gamerscore on that I would work through until I had completed them all. Nowadays I don't tend to achievement hunt as much as I used to and only do, I ever really get achievements now if I am playing a game and come across them. I would love to go back to achievement hunting like I used to but not having as much time now is the biggest issue. 

Yeah the novelty of it started to ware off for me. Back when the 360 came out, there was a few games with some easy achievements. I remember a NBA 2k6 or something that dropped that gave you an easy 1000G just from playing one game. Each achievement was huge too, like 100 for some, 200 for others and I think a big one for like 500G. Then games started to add tons more small achievements. 

I used to grab as many as I could when I played, but these days you have to do so much for some achievements, that I sometimes just pass on some of them lol. Also, some games you can't even get 100% since some were online only achievements. I remember achievements hunters throwing fits about that. :D 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah the novelty of it started to ware off for me. Back when the 360 came out, there was a few games with some easy achievements. I remember a NBA 2k6 or something that dropped that gave you an easy 1000G just from playing one game. Each achievement was huge too, like 100 for some, 200 for others and I think a big one for like 500G. Then games started to add tons more small achievements. 

I used to grab as many as I could when I played, but these days you have to do so much for some achievements, that I sometimes just pass on some of them lol. Also, some games you can't even get 100% since some were online only achievements. I remember achievements hunters throwing fits about that. 😄

I agree and even now some of the achievements needed are a lot more as well and many do not stop at 1000 gamer score now but continue for quite a bit more. I don't know what the highest gamer score is now for a game but I know I have seen some for as high as 1250. Hunting for achievements now is very time consuming, in some cases I would say the challenges for them can be very time consuming just for one achievement in a game. 

On 12/7/2022 at 3:58 PM, Shortie said:

I agree and even now some of the achievements needed are a lot more as well and many do not stop at 1000 gamer score now but continue for quite a bit more. I don't know what the highest gamer score is now for a game but I know I have seen some for as high as 1250. Hunting for achievements now is very time consuming, in some cases I would say the challenges for them can be very time consuming just for one achievement in a game. 

I agree. I time my achievements, or try to, to match with the weekly sets for Microsoft Rewards that require you to earn 3 achievements, or the monthly punch cards that require the same. So I double down and not only get the achievements, but the rewards points for them too. 🙂