Register Now
Smokey

Final Fight

Who remembers this classic beat-em-up? It was first released in 1989 I believe. A gem of a game in the arcades, unfortunately the home ports on Super Nintendo came gimped and they removed 2 player co-op, and 1 of the 3 characters. However, on later versions of the game they re-added what was removed from the SNES version. It's still a great beat-em-up even with it's flaws. It's what caused Sega to make the Streets of Rage franchise, which is one of my favorites of all time. (SOR2 is easily one of the top 10 best games, period, fight me) 

What do you think about Final Fight? did you play it back in the day? 

Streets of Rage 4 blows every other beat-em-up on switch out of the water for me. it’s just as fun alone as with friends. it’s just so polished and it feels effortless to get into the flow-state and just be playing and playing. it’s absolutely gorgeous and is a clear labor of love on the developers’ part, just oozing quality and polish.

And I was not even born yet. with the game back in the 80s 

On 12/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, Empire said:

Streets of Rage 4 blows every other beat-em-up on switch out of the water for me. it’s just as fun alone as with friends. it’s just so polished and it feels effortless to get into the flow-state and just be playing and playing. it’s absolutely gorgeous and is a clear labor of love on the developers’ part, just oozing quality and polish.

And I was not even born yet. with the game back in the 80s 

Fair argument. I'm still holding out hope for a proper Final Fight 4 though. I think in time we'll see one, in the same vein as we got Streets of Rage 4 from DOTEMU.