Register Now
Smokey

Devil May Cry

Were you a fan of Devil May Cry on the PS2? It started development as a new Resident Evil title then pivoted into it's own separate series of games I liked the original Devil May Cry from back in the day. I Had a demo disc of it from buying RE: Code Veronica X on the PS2. I enjoyed what I played of DMC and eventually bought the game when it released later that year. It was a fun change from the regular Resident Evil formula.  Did you like the Devil May Cry series? 

With the exception of Devil May Cry 2 which was literally the greasy remnants from the  bottom of used septic tank moulded into the shape of a PS2 disk, I've really enjoyed what I've played of the series. I'm aware of it's interesting development with it starting as a Resident Evil game and Capcom realizing that they were going off on a new tangent, thus deciding to make it a new IP and was one of the best decisions they ever made. I really need to try out Devil May Cry 5m it's been sitting on my "to-do" list for too long.

Edited by Shagger

I remember getting the greatest hits version of the first game on PS2. I couldn't get into it back then. I think it was the setting, the control style and a few other things that turned me off to it. 

I haven't played the series since sadly. I remember a friend coming over and nearly beating it for me because I didn't want to play it lol. 

I was drawn in by the cheesy soundtrack & the stylish combat, while I personally agree that the combat is the strongest part of what drew me to the franchise, the plot definitely has its great moments that I love reflecting & looking back on. What attracted me was the eerie Capcom horror warning when my brother put it in the PS2. Back then, if a Capcom game had one, you knew the game was gonna be fire.

I'll be honest and say that I honestly have not played Devil May Cry even though I have had an interest in it. Even when I was younger it was never a game that me and my brothers even got or was able to play and I do feel as though I kinda missed out to some extent as so many people say how much of a great game it is. It's going to have to be a game I play just to say that I have and to have experienced it myself.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:06 PM, Shortie said:

I'll be honest and say that I honestly have not played Devil May Cry even though I have had an interest in it. Even when I was younger it was never a game that me and my brothers even got or was able to play and I do feel as though I kinda missed out to some extent as so many people say how much of a great game it is. It's going to have to be a game I play just to say that I have and to have experienced it myself.

There was an HD collection released on PS3 and 360 but I don't think it was backwards compatible on the Xbox One, unfortunately. I should find out.