Register Now
Smokey

Which Vita model do you prefer?

Which PS Vita Modoel do you think is better? the 1000 series OLED or the 2000 series LCD?  The OLED Is less reliable but sharper and nicer looking, it's the model I have, and I hope it lasts me awhile because I don't have a replacement Vita. I would love to get my hands on another Vita, the 2000 model as a backup but we'll see how that goes. Howabout the PSV TV?

Which PS Vita Model do you own? Which do you prefer? 

Edited by Shagger

We have the PS Vita 2000 Series LCD which my son got for Christmas the year it was released. He used to play it a chunk when he first got it but after a while moved over to Xbox to game more and he never really bothered with it much anymore. We still have the console now and it's in storage but doesn't get used at all now. I guess it's there for times when he ever wants to go back to it for nostalgia purposes and I have told him to keep hold of it purely because it's an older console now. 

Ummmmmmmmmmmm  

Unmodified, a 2000 is better for the longer battery life and microUSB port. Modified, a 1000 can have it's OLED cake and eat it too, with mods for a larger battery and swapping the proprietary port for USB Type-C. Plus, if you have a 1100 (3G OLED), you can swap the 3G modem for a PSVSD, and use a microSD card in place of the memory card without taking up the game.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:18 PM, Shortie said:

We have the PS Vita 2000 Series LCD which my son got for Christmas the year it was released. He used to play it a chunk when he first got it but after a while moved over to Xbox to game more and he never really bothered with it much anymore. We still have the console now and it's in storage but doesn't get used at all now. I guess it's there for times when he ever wants to go back to it for nostalgia purposes and I have told him to keep hold of it purely because it's an older console now. 

I would suggest digging it out and modding it. It's real simple to do. I could help run you through the process if they're interested in breathing new life into the console. 😄 

Never owned a Vita or PSP, but wanted to have both of them so bad. If I could own both, I would. I see they're fairly cheap on ebay these days, so maybe I'll bite. If I get one, I'll probably get the newest models they made, for both handheld respectively. 

I wouldn't mind modding it to play emulators as well. I hear a lot of people do that with the PSP and Vita. 

I liked the original when it first came out, the redesign one seemed to feel lighter since I think they tried to cut cost and make it more easier to carry vs. feeling good when you were playing it on the go.