Register Now
Kane99

Microsoft Patent Shows Xbox Controller with LCD Display

Source - https://gamerant.com/xbox-controller-lcd-display-microsoft-patent/?utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=GR-FB-P&utm_campaign=GR-FB-P

Image:

xbox-controller-patent.png?q=50&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

It looks like Xbox may be getting a new controller with an LCD display, and I'm all for that. This will only be a standard LCD screen to tell you if the controller is paired to a device. Not sure that would really be needed, but if they have other options with it, that'd be cool. Like a health bar, or something similar to what the 3DS/Wii U did. Or they could use it like how the Dreamcast controller used those VMUs. They told you details about the game, so I could see that being a reality for a new Xbox controller. What do you guys think? 

This is pretty amazing and definitely something I would be up for being released. I agree, it would be nice to have something show on the LCD display that told you the battery life left as well as what device it is paired to. Maybe even some kind of alert on the LCD display when the battery is getting low to alert you to charge or change the batteries would be cool as well. Maybe like a mobile phone, it tells you the percentage of charge if you charge the controller. This is really interesting though and I will be looking out for a release if and when they choose to release it. 

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This sounds interesting but I wonder if it'll come out with the current gen consoles or when a successor is launched.

Personally I would love to see it released with the current gen as I feel it would be a nice upgrade to the controllers that we have now. Unfortunately I feel that it probably will not be released with the current gen but we can only hope maybe with as you say when a successor is launched. It would make more sense to release when a successor is launched to be honest, a whole updated console with a new updated controller with LCD display, that would be awesome!

I think this could be cool. Basically like their own version of the Dualsense’s touchpad. Xbox desperately needs to step it up with their controllers so i’m excited about this. The Dualsense currently vaporizes the Series X controller

On 12/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, Shortie said:

Personally I would love to see it released with the current gen as I feel it would be a nice upgrade to the controllers that we have now. Unfortunately I feel that it probably will not be released with the current gen but we can only hope maybe with as you say when a successor is launched. It would make more sense to release when a successor is launched to be honest, a whole updated console with a new updated controller with LCD display, that would be awesome!

I suspect that's what they're going to do and it'd make a lot more sense quite frankly.