Register Now
Techno

Dumb Ways To Die

This was in the Darwin Awards 20 something years ago, but there was a guy who cooked some beans for dinner one night. After he ate he went to bed, but his bedroom had no ventilation. As he slept he kept farting all night. Eventually the methane in his farts suffocated and killed him. That's one of the weirdest I've heard. And also one of the funniest.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 12/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, killamch89 said:

I remember a story where two guys came across a grenade with the pin out but due to some fault or another it never went off. The guys reportedly took up the live grenade to take a selfie with it and well the rest is history.

Yeah, that's exactly what you should do. Find an unexploded live bomb, then play with it. Don't call the police and get the bomb squad out there.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, The Blackangel said:

Yeah, that's exactly what you should do. Find an unexploded live bomb, then play with it. Don't call the police and get the bomb squad out there.

To be fair, I think it was in either Russia or a country in that region and those people tend to give zero fucks. Hell, they'll see a grizzly bear and start chasing it.

I was playing GTA 5 and I got to wondering. There is a scene where the woman was running and got pulled into a jet engine and shredded to liquified red pulp. I wondered, can that really happen? No, it's just a game. Very next day, by some strange coincidence, that same very thing did happen with Envoy Air. A person got sucked into the engine while they were walking on the ground. YIKES!!! That answers my question. That actually can happen. 

On 1/3/2023 at 1:12 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I was playing GTA 5 and I got to wondering. There is a scene where the woman was running and got pulled into a jet engine and shredded to liquified red pulp. I wondered, can that really happen? No, it's just a game. Very next day, by some strange coincidence, that same very thing did happen with Envoy Air. A person got sucked into the engine while they were walking on the ground. YIKES!!! That answers my question. That actually can happen. 

I used to work at the Airport and it has happened to quite a few runway staff but it normally happens because they didn't follow safety protocols and went too near to the jet engine.

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I used to work at the Airport and it has happened to quite a few runway staff but it normally happens because they didn't follow safety protocols and went too near to the jet engine.

Man, that is insane! I wonder how common it is in the world. And here I was laughing my ass off at the exaggeration of a game, but that happening is all too real. YIKES