Register Now
Shagger

Horizon Forbidden West "Burning Shores" DLC Announced, But There's a Problem...

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Am I going to want this? I have HFW, but only because it came preinstalled on my PS5. I’ve never actually gotten around to playing it, but that’s just because everyone said to play Zero Dawn first, and I’ve never gotten around to picking up HZD.

Horizon Zero Dawn doesn't tell a simple story. It has a fair amount of complexity with a lot of details about the past and the political situation of the game's present as well as, of course, the actual plot that I feel do need known to get the best out of Forbidden West. Forbidden West features a great tutorial that offers great instruction to both players new to the franchise and Zero Dawn veterans alike, but the game only offers up so much information about "the story thus far" for new plays and, to be honest, doesn't do a great job a expositing those details. If feels like it was there to remind veteran plays of the events rather than inform new players and catch them up. So sadly, I have to agree with what others have said, and would recommend playing Zero Dawn first or watching a detailed recap or let's play of it. I found this video from Gamespot that might help.

Edited by Shagger

My favorite has always been fantasy. It's why I love Zelda, Castlevania, and most Final Fantasy games. There are one-offs like Dante's Inferno and Blasphemous. Here in the last couple years I've become a huge fan of horror games, especially psychological horror like Layers Of Fear. I've never been a fan of western games, despite me being all but obsessed with RDR2. When I was a kid, I had a bad case of tunnel vision when it came to games. Nowadays I'm willing to try just about anything.

Obviously I'm still a classic gamer. Not as exclusively as I once was, but still play the old stuff that kids nowadays would never know what they were looking at. I mean, name me one kid of today's world who would know what the hell an NES is.

An update on the so-called "controversy" around Aloy acquiring an optional lesbian love interest.

Apparently merely singing on this game's soundtrack makes you fair game for harassment. Julie Elven, a professional vocalist, received abuse from gamers over the optional same sex romance just because her voice is on the soundtrack. Full story from Push Square. What is wrong with gamers?

Hopefully they will expand it somewhat, soon, like they did with Zero Dawn, and bring it to PC. I'm glad I was able to snag a PS5 to play this and avoid spoilers for years to come, but some of my friends do not have any consoles and don't ever plan to get one. 

The first game I did play on PC since I did not have any consoles at that time; so glad I was able to only avoid spoilers for a short bit since I got the first game on PC not knowing there was a second. So I was able to avoid all spoilers, which has made me happy.