Register Now
StaceyPowers

Characters that changed a lot over the course of a game or games

Blades in the Dark. You technically gain a few things via the XP system, but they're not especially powerful and don't really change your character much.

What does change your character is Trauma, and when you accumulate 4 levels of Trauma, your character retires - they are physically or mentally unable to keep going.

I think Jimmy Hopkins from Bully is the most changed. I mean, look at how he comes in, and then how it ends. He comes in as a lone wolf and then kind of becomes a popular person among the students. I feel he changed a lot over the game. And as well, he's probably the most progressive since he is open to any relationship in the game. I mean if you want to, you could kiss just about anyone in the game if I remember correctly. 

Can't forget about Arthur Morgan from RDR2 as well. I feel like he came from a ruthless lawman to being someone respected and forgiven in a way. I feel like he broke from bad to good. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think Jimmy Hopkins from Bully is the most changed. I mean, look at how he comes in, and then how it ends. He comes in as a lone wolf and then kind of becomes a popular person among the students. I feel he changed a lot over the game. And as well, he's probably the most progressive since he is open to any relationship in the game. I mean if you want to, you could kiss just about anyone in the game if I remember correctly. 

Can't forget about Arthur Morgan from RDR2 as well. I feel like he came from a ruthless lawman to being someone respected and forgiven in a way. I feel like he broke from bad to good. 

Arthur is a good shout but what I feel is that Arthur was always one of the more rational people in the gang. Most of his ruthless tendencies early on were always for a good reason.

On 2/8/2023 at 6:19 PM, Kane99 said:

I didn't play a lot of Bully as it wasn't a game I really enjoyed myself but my son played it a lot when it first came out and for years after that and I saw a lot of it as he played and I would definitely have to say that Jimmy Hopkins has got to be the one character I have seen change the most in a video game from start to finish.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:54 PM, killamch89 said:

Arthur is a good shout but what I feel is that Arthur was always one of the more rational people in the gang. Most of his ruthless tendencies early on were always for a good reason.

Yeah true. He did have to do it a lot to survive, but I thought at one point he even mentioned he killed people for no reason. Maybe it was when he was talking with one of the women in camp about murdering too many people in game for no reason (by the players actions). But I thought there was some monologue about how he did bad things in the past that he probably didn't need to do. But yeah, I still think he is the most rational of the whole bunch. 

3 hours ago, Shortie said:

I didn't play a lot of Bully as it wasn't a game I really enjoyed myself but my son played it a lot when it first came out and for years after that and I saw a lot of it as he played and I would definitely have to say that Jimmy Hopkins has got to be the one character I have seen change the most in a video game from start to finish.

You should play it. It's like a tame version of GTA, but more linear. Why didn't you enjoy it? Just curious.