Register Now
StaceyPowers

How quickly do you forget (some) video game content?

While I can sometimes remember specific details of games I played a year or more ago vividly, I notice I forget a lot of stuff within just a few weeks as well, which often leaves me confused about side quests in particular when I take a few weeks off from a game and come back to it. Do others also quickly forget some video game content?

I tend to forget a lot of stuff soon after I played the game if I am honest but I am always forgetting things quite easily so that is normal to me to be honest. I find that I have to play through either certain parts again to remember what is going on in the game before I continue or if it's a game I played fully through in one sitting I will play through the game again just to try and remember what happened. It can be very frustrating sometimes.

It depends on how much I like that game, and when I last played it. If it's one of my top 5, I usually don't forget much, if anything at all. But if it's not, and I don't play it for an extended period, then I can forget a lot and really easily. For example, I haven't played A Boy And His Blob in a few decades. So I don't have a clue at this point as to what jellybeans do what. I don't know why it's been so long since I've played it. Possibly because I've been into playing other games.

On 12/11/2022 at 7:59 AM, The Blackangel said:

It depends on how much I like that game, and when I last played it. If it's one of my top 5, I usually don't forget much, if anything at all. But if it's not, and I don't play it for an extended period, then I can forget a lot and really easily. For example, I haven't played A Boy And His Blob in a few decades. So I don't have a clue at this point as to what jellybeans do what. I don't know why it's been so long since I've played it. Possibly because I've been into playing other games.

Same - if it's a game I didn't particularly fancy or take a liking to when I was playing it, it usually takes me a while to remember how the game works.

17 hours ago, Kyng said:

If I take a break from a game for a couple of weeks, and then come back to it, I'll mostly have forgotten where I was!

Oh man, I fucking hate that. The same bullshit happens to me just about every time I take a break from >insert title< for a while. Even with RDR2, my fingers have to get in the right rhythm before I can do much of anything.

It's a curse to us, and a big FUCK YOU to those who don't have that issue.

When I started gaming I'd forget things so easily and it's actually gotten better. I still always forget things but not as much. Maybe gaming improves memory? Another thing I find myself doing a lot more these days is I take the time to think about all the events of the storyline and the events I just played. That enhances the memory and experience. Plus, I get overwhelmed easily and it causes an overload of memory. Instead of playing too many quests in one sitting, I like to pace it out and enjoy the process of thinking about it. I don't expect myself to possibly remember everything in the long term. That experience, and the feelings I had is something I can remember.