Register Now
DC

What games do you find most encouraging?

Probably sounds crazy but the characters from Animal Crossing are ones that I find really encouraging if I am honest. They are so positive no matter what happens in the game and it pushes me to want to be as positive as they are when it comes to things happening in life. I am the kind of person that when something goes wrong I always think bad at first and I hate that. 

Ghost of Tsushima is very encouraging plus the protagonist. One of the last of the samurais against an invasion and all odds. Holding onto honor despite having to change tactics and engage in stealth when needed. There are places of meditation to contemplate and gain a headband with words of meaning. Villagers are so desperate and hopeless. Jin always gives them hope when they see him. Rebels unite. Farmers fight. You see endless ships on every part of the coast. Smoke from burned villages show on the horizon. It's a story for the people and for humanity. The island's fate seems to rest on a samurai. The protagonist is very very humbled and even plays the flute. Definitely a game to look up to when feeling you are against all odds. 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:50 PM, killamch89 said:

For me it's Solid Snake - he represented what it really means to be human. To accept your flaws but don't allow them to hind you in accomplishing your objectives. I also loved how he wasn't afraid of jumping into danger if it was for a good cause.

I can fully see why this character would be one that you find most encouraging. It's not too often you see people that are willing to jump into danger to help others or for a good cause so it is always good to see things like video game characters that do that as it can give you the inspiration to want to also be just like them. 

On 8/30/2023 at 6:09 PM, Debashis said:

Geralt from Witcher 3 Wild Hunt! I just love that character.

I can't say that I have ever played Witcher 3 Wild Hunt but I hear so many people going on about it and how they love the game and the character Geralt. It's definitely a game that I would love to try when I have the time though!

Good question! I have played multiple video games, and the majority are encouraging. Choosing only one, it would be "Animal Crossing: New Horizons". It lets players build their own dream island. It's a game that brings a sense of achievement and satisfaction as players watch their virtual paradise flourish.

Kingdom Hearts always pushes you to remember to fight the darkness. The light always wins! It's one of my favorite messages. Also with that, it reminds you with friends anything is possible. I also have to agree with those who mentioned Animal Crossing. The NPC's are very positive even when they are being upset with you lol. You can consistently see growth within your island and that's encouraging!

17 hours ago, Reverie said:

Kingdom Hearts always pushes you to remember to fight the darkness. The light always wins! It's one of my favorite messages. Also with that, it reminds you with friends anything is possible. I also have to agree with those who mentioned Animal Crossing. The NPC's are very positive even when they are being upset with you lol. You can consistently see growth within your island and that's encouraging!

I like you said that about friends and fighting darkness. Reminds me of playing Final Fantasy 15, or actually any FF game where you have a group of friends that come together to fight darkness. I really like the friendship in FF15, and playing in an open world, drive around, and camp sites to wait for the morning while they cook and hang out. It brings a good feeling. 

On 9/11/2023 at 2:56 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I like you said that about friends and fighting darkness. Reminds me of playing Final Fantasy 15, or actually any FF game where you have a group of friends that come together to fight darkness. I really like the friendship in FF15, and playing in an open world, drive around, and camp sites to wait for the morning while they cook and hang out. It brings a good feeling. 

Yes! and since it has characters from Final Fantasy - I think that was their goal for it be semi-similar to having that group of friends that come together to fight darkness. It's a good theme and was great for me at a younger age.