Register Now
BlazeNinja22

Do you know any good Dreamcast games rated PG?

My friend Gabriela was listening to a song from Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast. I ended up asking them why was the box art 2D if the game itself was in 3D. I don't remember what didi she answer, but I ended up installing a Dreamcast emulator, for the sake of 3D games, I guess. I'm not a fan of anything PG-13 and up, so do you know any good game for the Dreamcast rated PG? (or PEGI 7 here in Europe) Except boring stuff like sports, and Sonic. (Not that Sonic games are boring, I just don't like their gameplay and stuff).

Jet Set Radio! I only played it in 2014 and it became one of my favourite games of all time. The controls are a bit awkward but I love it nonetheless, highly recommended!

You play as kids on superpowered rollerskates, drifting around Tokyo spraying grafitti and doing tricks. It has a really distinct style (I think it was one of the earlies examples of cel-shading) and an amazing soundtrack. Here's a trailer if you want to check it out.

There are a few I can name off the top of my head which I believe are PG rated unless I am mistaken

Phantasy Star Online is one. I never played this myself on the Dreamcast but when it came to Xbox a few years ago I jumped on and it's a really fun and addictive game.

Jet Set Radio is another as well. Again I never played this one myself and wish I had because from what I hear, it was an amazing game

Sonic Adventure 2 was another game as well that I know is PG rated and if you are a Sonic fan you will know just how fun the Sonic games are. 

Most Dreamcast games aged pretty bad compared to most games now but I think they have a lot to them still. Jet set radio is a tough one cuz while I love it the controls aren’t great and neither is the camera. Soul reaver is great.

On 12/13/2022 at 12:54 AM, Shortie said:

There are a few I can name off the top of my head which I believe are PG rated unless I am mistaken

Phantasy Star Online is one. I never played this myself on the Dreamcast but when it came to Xbox a few years ago I jumped on and it's a really fun and addictive game.

Jet Set Radio is another as well. Again I never played this one myself and wish I had because from what I hear, it was an amazing game

Sonic Adventure 2 was another game as well that I know is PG rated and if you are a Sonic fan you will know just how fun the Sonic games are. 

OP was asking for stuff explicitly not-Sonic, also Phantasy Star isn't playable I think as it was an MMO.

Anyways, I came up with a few more if you're interested @BlazeNinja22

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Fighting)
Crazy Taxi (Arcadey driving - not racing though!)
Soul Calibur (Fighting)
Chu Chu Rocket (Puzzle)
Skies of Arcadia (RPG)
Power Stone (goofy unique brawler/fighter)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (Fighting)
Shenmue (Adventure)
Puyo Pop Fever (Puzzle)

As it didn't live for very long, there's not a whole lot of games to consider. So it's a bit like with NES or SNES, where most (not all) lists of the best games look more or less the same, but you can find something cool in almost every genre.

For kids? I'd say:

Crazy Taxi 1 & 2

Sonic Adventure 1&2

Jet Grind Radio

Toy Commander

Ooga Booga

Wormz

Chu Chu Rocket.

Sonic Shuffle

To name a few.  There are some 2D fighting games like Marvel Vs Capcom or Capcom vs Snk too.