Register Now
Shortie

Would you like to see different coloured Series X or S consoles?

Something I have often pondered is what if the Xbox Series X or S was released in different colors rather than just the standard white and black colour that it is? What if you could choose the colour you wanted? What colour would you go for? I personally would go for a purple colour if the option was there as I feel that would be cool and unique. I know this is never going to happen but it is something that I had been thinking about, seemed an interesting topic. 

There is inevitably going to be Xbox Series consoles that are limited editions with special decals inspired by a certain game or sponsorships, especially it its a completion prize r something. Here is one I just found;

P8631-50-0-001.thumb.jpg.9b2fc916160567e8557560918566515d.jpg

There cool and all, but it's not something I'd say is strictly necessary for me. I do actually have a Star Wars themed PS4 Pro, but that's only because my PS4 waved a little white flag and died and that was the best I could find as a replacement.

EDIT: I just realised this "Celtic Console" isn't actually a console, it's removable decals, but still.

Edited by Shagger

I think there's been a few special edition releases of the Xbox Series X. I think most consoles come out with limited/special edition consoles, with differing designs. I think Halo Infinite had a special console, way before the game was even released. I believe there's a Forza themed one, and I don't recall, but maybe a Gears themed one. Not sure though, as I don't remember if we got a new Gears on the new Xbox yet. 

But yeah, most consoles release special edition consoles. I don't know if Microsoft will release one for all colors of the rainbow, but I'm sure we'll see some branded designs based off of their popular games. 

Pope on Twitter does a lot of cool mock-ups of different color schemes for consoles & controllers. I would love to see the Series X & S consoles be put in the design lab and customiziable like the Elite Series 2 controllers are now. A custom console to go with your custom elite controller? That'd be awesome! I would imagine it'd be very, very expensive though.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:13 PM, aerodynamik said:

Definitely, the more options the merrier. 🙂 

I agree. At the moment you only have the black for the Series X and the white for the Series S but having different colors would be awesome to see. I would imagine it is possible for Microsoft and Xbox to do it but would be quite time consuming which is probably why it hasn't been chosen as an option. 

I wish video game consoles released translucent consoles & peripherals again. I miss the days of the see through consoles and handhelds. Now days I don't feel like they make an attempt to make consoles different like this anymore. The skins and styles I see for the most part don't really do anything fun with the design. idk, maybe it's just me, but I think most new consoles and devices get lazy with the creative design and look. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I wish video game consoles released translucent consoles & peripherals again. I miss the days of the see through consoles and handhelds. Now days I don't feel like they make an attempt to make consoles different like this anymore. The skins and styles I see for the most part don't really do anything fun with the design. idk, maybe it's just me, but I think most new consoles and devices get lazy with the creative design and look. 

Yes! I remember seeing consoles like this and it's something I miss. You never see it anymore which is a shame. It was something that was different compared to what we see now. It's a shame they don't take the time to design consoles or handhelds like this now, I can only imagine how popular they would be if they were still available. They seem to put so much effort now into what is in the console that the design of the outside just ends up being basic. 

18 hours ago, Shortie said:

Yes! I remember seeing consoles like this and it's something I miss. You never see it anymore which is a shame. It was something that was different compared to what we see now. It's a shame they don't take the time to design consoles or handhelds like this now, I can only imagine how popular they would be if they were still available. They seem to put so much effort now into what is in the console that the design of the outside just ends up being basic. 

It's sad not seeing consoles or other devices like that again. But I guess the main thing about it was that it wasn't adult friendly if that makes sense. I think it's because it looks too kid friendly, or childish, that adults didn't have any interest in it back then, while us kids loved the hell out of those translucent consoles. 

I think it's the aesthetic of it, in that adults aren't interested in having a colorful console sitting next to their VHS player back in the day, or looking like some giant popsicle on ones entertainment center. 

Now days I think nostalgia has set in, and people are taking interest in these old style designs again. I wonder if one day we'll see a resurgence of translucent cases/devices. 

On 1/25/2023 at 6:51 PM, Kane99 said:

It's sad not seeing consoles or other devices like that again. But I guess the main thing about it was that it wasn't adult friendly if that makes sense. I think it's because it looks too kid friendly, or childish, that adults didn't have any interest in it back then, while us kids loved the hell out of those translucent consoles. 

I think it's the aesthetic of it, in that adults aren't interested in having a colorful console sitting next to their VHS player back in the day, or looking like some giant popsicle on ones entertainment center. 

Now days I think nostalgia has set in, and people are taking interest in these old style designs again. I wonder if one day we'll see a resurgence of translucent cases/devices. 

This is very true. The market for consoles that are different colors or even as you say translucent would probably be geared more towards kids than adults. Some adults may buy them but most would want to keep to the basic colors for the purpose of it fitting in with their other technology. 

On 2/4/2023 at 5:08 PM, Shortie said:

This is very true. The market for consoles that are different colors or even as you say translucent would probably be geared more towards kids than adults. Some adults may buy them but most would want to keep to the basic colors for the purpose of it fitting in with their other technology. 

I mean I would because I don't care. I would love for translucent consoles to make a comeback. Even if it's just for collectors or a special edition. As long as it doesn't cost extra lol. 

But yeah, I think most adults want to stay in line with something simple. But a gamer might go for it. 🙂

I would love it if we ever got a translucent shell. I miss the days of translucent consoles, I wonder if there's some third party shells that are translucent. I'm sure there is, but man it'd be cool if it was official. I also wish the odd Sonic movie Series S was actually available to purchase, it sucks it was a contest exclusive and I didn't get one. It had fuzzy controllers, which is odd but man I wish I had one!

It's a cash grab and nothing more. The way I see it, just buy some paint or stickers and decorate it yourself. I have a bunch of stickers on my PC tower. So in my eyes, it's not worth it. They'll definitely jack up the price for them. The Pokemon edition, the Halo edition, blah blah blah. Every system that has ever been made has been remade at some point. This is just one thing that drives me nuts. Short trip, I know. I guess I'm just not the type that goes for decoration on these things, unless I'm doing it myself.

I have heard that we are getting a black series s console which I feel a lot of people may be happy about who have not managed to pick one up yet. I myself much prefer black when it comes to things such as consoles and even other devices so the fact we will have the Series S and X in black now is pretty good. 

Still quite shocked that they never released the S in black first off.