Register Now
Smokey

How expensive is TOO expensive for a console?

What's the most you've spent on any gaming console? For me, it was the PS3. I spent $599 on it back in mid 2007. I enjoyed it for years and made a lot of friends from that era in time. What was the most you've spent on a console? Where do you draw the line? I don't know if I'd ever spend more than $599 on a console. I think $599 is my cut off and even then that's pushing it.  Recently, I bought a fully modded Dreamcast for just under $500. However, with all the mods and stuff that was done to it, I was actually saving about $300 than if I were to do it all myself. 😛

The Xbox Series X is the most expensive console I feel I have ever seen myself to be honest. I would be willing to pay that much for that console but I feel anything any higher than that at this moment in time I would not pay anymore for. In the UK the console itself retails at £449.99 but in a bundle it can be as much as £499.99. That to me is worth it and about as much as I would pay for a console at the moment. I would never pay any scalpers on places like eBay for consoles who tend to buy them at retail and sell them at double the price. 

I remember games being $40-$50 in the 1990s. That’s >$100 today. Prices go up because of inflation they’ve always been expensive. Yet with how we live now and what the world is like at the moment, everything is going up and up. that being said PCs gaming desktops are still far far costly then to a console

The PS5 in the states, at least according to Amazon is $599. So $600 or so. That was the original price of the PS3 at release, which for me, was far too expensive. Honestly I think most consoles are expensive, becuase no matter what, you're dishing out usually $200-$300+. And for the big premiere consoles it could be double that. 

When I see a price tag of $500+ I just can't see myself putting that much money into a console anymore. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The PS5 in the states, at least according to Amazon is $599. So $600 or so. That was the original price of the PS3 at release, which for me, was far too expensive. Honestly I think most consoles are expensive, becuase no matter what, you're dishing out usually $200-$300+. And for the big premiere consoles it could be double that. 

When I see a price tag of $500+ I just can't see myself putting that much money into a console anymore. 

I agree, I'm not going past $600 for any console at all. My gaming laptop and my phone are the only two devices that cost around or more than that.