Register Now
Shortie

Did you play Fortnite from the very start?

As many who are avid players of Fortnite will know, Fortnite started way before there were even chapters, seasons and battle passes and for those who knew about the game before all this started, they will be known as OG (Original) players. I didn't start playing Fortnite myself until the end of Chapter 1, Season 2, it was the first time I started playing and didn't get my first battle pass until Chapter 1 Season 3. I vaguely remember the game before Chapter 1 Season 2 as my son would play it a lot but I don't remember the very early on days despite my son playing it at the very beginning. 

Did you play Fortnite from the very beginning? 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Nope, never even played the kids game 😛

ANd not even giong to. It's died off big time anyway. 

There's a lot of adults that play. Do you have any statistics to show that it's died off? There's still millions of players according to Google. Some have returned to the game since they brought in Zero Builds mode. I enjoy it. I do not enjoy kids though. LOL!

I myself too am an adult and I love to play the game. I know many adults myself that play the game and have a lot of fun on it. I feel that because of the way the game is, it can easily be classed as a kids games even though it's not. As an Epic Partner myself, I can confirm the game is far from dying off especially with Zero Build and the new chapter and season that has just released. It seems to be more popular than ever at the moment and I for one am enjoying the new chapter and season. More people came to the game who would never play it before due to the release of zero build and I feel that is amazing to see. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I want to say the first time I played Fortnite was probably in 2018 or 2019, or around that time. And then I got back into somewhat recently in 2020-2021 and still play it often with my work friend. I only played it for the battle royale mode for the most part. 

Have you ever tried any of the creative modes such as death runs or anything like that. I find when I am fed up of battle royale looking to see what is available in creative is always a great option. They even offer XP now in creative modes so that you can still level up whilst playing which is a huge incentive. During the Halloween month of October I played a lot of the Trick or Treating Gun Game. That was a lot of fun and some really generous XP as well. 

1 hour ago, Smokey said:

I didn't. I think I started with Season 2 initially.  Fortnite is a game i'll pick up from time to time but it's not something I can play on a daily basis. I've skipped entire seasons before. 😛

I myself have tried in the past to miss seasons since I started playing but my mind always kicks in that I will miss out on so much and I end up going back and playing the seasons anyway just so that I get the skins, in game items and so much more. I wouldn't say that Fortnite has become addictive for me but I do like to say I participated in each season since I started playing. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I was one of the original Fortnite players who started playing in late September 2017 but after a year, I grew bored of it and haven't played it since late 2018/early 2019.

That's about the same time my son started playing if I am honest, he did tire of it quite a few times but does keep coming back to the game when new things come out. He is enjoying this new Chapter and Season at the moment and has been playing quite a bit. Have you considered trying it again or is it just not something that takes your fancy at all now? 

9 minutes ago, Shortie said:

That's about the same time my son started playing if I am honest, he did tire of it quite a few times but does keep coming back to the game when new things come out. He is enjoying this new Chapter and Season at the moment and has been playing quite a bit. Have you considered trying it again or is it just not something that takes your fancy at all now? 

I have thought about it a few times but I just don't have that much interest in it anymore. It's not a bad game - I just got bored of it. That's all...

38 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I have thought about it a few times but I just don't have that much interest in it anymore. It's not a bad game - I just got bored of it. That's all...

That is understandable. It can become quite repetitive with what the game is and how much there is on there to do and for some people, too much of the same thing can get too much and often results in burn out so I can see exactly where you are coming from 🙂